Hot Crafts Committee Meeting - March 7th, 2022
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Hot Crafts Committee Meetings|
|Previous: February 7th, 2022||Meeting Procedure - Hot Crafts Committee||Next: Latest Meeting|
Candidate: Hot Crafts Committee Meeting - April 4th, 2022
Time and Place
Hot Crafts Area 7:00 PM
- Update Active Buildout/Improvement To-Do list
- What's been finished?
- What needs to be one to finish things that have been started?
- What needs to be done for health and safety and to make all activities functional?
- Who will do or lead each thing?
- Updates to Wishlist?
Activities and Events
- Classes and Certifications
Attendees: Lisa, Kevin, Alexa, Ameera, Jax
- pottery wheel: drip tray not secure, needs improvement
- possibly get rid of black shelves and put wheel by column?
- designate shelves work in progress and kiln ready
- consolidate ceramics stuff to wood shelves and make room for tumblers on green shelves
- Wiki stuff- please help wherever you can, we have a tone of undocumented stuff
- kiln vent - likely to corrode, put in instructions to inspect vent every firing
- local sources for clay: core clay and queen city clay
- Alexa to research extruder options and document in Wishlist
- April 2nd - jewelry bench basics class - touch on basics of hand tools, mainly teach soldering torch (maybe make a simple soldered wire ring) - Kevin and Jax
- April 9th (Saturday) 2:00pm to 5:00pmAlexa taking on play with clay day - date: (Lisa put on calendar)
- April 12th - Thompson Enamel Demo - Kevin to make announcement
- April 29th and 30th - Casting classes - Jax interested in teaching sand casting, Kevin to work on Investment casting