January 12, 2010
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: January 5, 2010||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: January 19, 2010|
- 1 Coordinates
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Attendees
- 4 Minutes
- 5 Next Actions
Time: 7:30 PM
Status Updates / Old Business
- Officer Reports
- meeting structure
- fun times vs. business times
- Tool room
- power tool sign-off sheets
- LAN party in April
- liability waivers and membership forms
- alarm system
- 501c3 paperwork
- ignite cincinnati
- party in january / monthly party
- wokspaces / cubby holes
- equipment disposal
- oven / stove
Items to be Voted on
Assigning Next Actions
- officers / board should always be required to come to meetings
- especially the first meeting of the month
- when is the business time vs the fun time
- there needs to be some firewalled time
- someone needs to tell everyone to come meet
- paul volunteers to announce the meeting time at 7;25 on tuesdays
- where will be the "permanent" spots for the big tools?
- let's take a good look at the floorplan
- authorizations / liability
- there needs to be a very formal process for getting onto the approved list
- a specific class for each tool that each person must go through
- we are talking about very dangerous tools
- it might make sense to put many of these tools outside the "dirty room"
- need to focus on giving people place to put their stuff out of the way
- maybe we need to build some shelves
- what stuff is personal, what is group
- what is being worked on, what is inactive
- general courtesy - clean up after yourself
- better overview plan
- where is the boundary of when you force people to clean up after themselves
- is there an area that we can guarantee will be clear for people to work?
- again, we need to look at the map
equipment donations / disposal
- there needs to be more of a do-not-want list
- what we want and what we don't want
- so we don't keep collecting old junk
- cyberassistant is not out
- if cyberassistant doesn't come out by some certain date then we will have to do it the old way
- when is that date?
- april 1st?
- craig and dave are presumably going to be presenting
- it is on the 20th
- you should come
- should we get (pay for) a real security system?
- many $$ tools
- costs < $30 per month
- we can get a good deal from a guy ed knows
- whats the charge for setting it off accidentally?
- there would be a call list
- issues with people joining quitting
- other tenants of the anchor building
- each person would have their own code
- what does our renters insurance cover?
- is there a possibility of homebrewing it with webcams and motion sensors
- as we grow security could become a bigger and bigger issue
- the one ed was looking at would be door sensors, and a couple motion sensors
- logistics is a bigger issue than cost
- maybe lock stuff to the floor or something
stove / oven
- which to do: spend money on wiring or spend money on gas stove?
- where the money come from?
- what is the budget of this?
- do the profit points with the budget
- draft of tool-sign off sheets - Ed
- write up "do not want list" - Paul
- bring in copy of floorplan of hive13 and propose tool locations - Ed, Paul, Jim