January 12, 2021
|Previous Meeting: January 5, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: January 19, 2021|
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 513-760-6776 and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
Weekly Meeting Agenda
- The following items are mandatory for all members, guests and others entering our space.
- Wear a mask at all times in the 2701SG building, even if you have been vaccinated or are otherwise immune to COVID
- Sign in at the front inner entrance
- Maintain social distancing
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Sanitize surfaces you come into contact with. Utilize the PPE station
- Stay away from Hive13 for the prescribed periods of time if you have COVID-19, have come into contact with someone who has COVID-19 or have been in a high risk situation or otherwise feel ill
- Consider coming in at slow times, if you can
- Please keep in mind - we're responsible for the cleanliness of the space. Please sanitize areas you've been in before leaving and focus on high touch points (light switches, door knobs, etc)
- About us
- What kind of things are you interested in doing/making?
- How did you hear about us?
- Tuesday in-person open house meetings are cancelled for the time being.
- Ceramic area planning / set up gathering. If you have ideas / interest in the ceramics area, come by Wednesday around 6
- Network cables run and certified for CNC computer.
- Woodshop cable improvements
- Member storage
- COO focus on improving
- Cornerstone storage racks
- Adding 3 more cornerstone spaces if anyone is interested. $100/month instead of $50/month
- Big things happening in dirty crafts.
- Glass vent hood is up! Torches are back up and functional.
- Space being blocked out for small part casting, jewelry and stained glass.
- Investment Casting purchase - still about $400 away from goal for nice casting machine. More details found here if you are interested in donating!
- It looks like we're going to have a really cool setup!
- Drywall hung, circuits live
- Retractable power reel for sewing area!
- What creative or maker related things have you worked on recently or want to work on?
- Guests: How did you hear about Hive13? What kind of activities are you interested in?
- John Clark, Lisa Crump, Will Bauer, Dave Velzy, Alexa Schmidt, Drew Kirkman, Jim Dallam, Jeremy Yap, Gautam, Chris Davis, Nancy Graven, Dave Schwinn
- John Clark working on streamlining and tweaking storage assignment.
- If you need a storage spot, please request one, don't just put your stuff in one. It's free and easy, anyone on leadership can help you out
- Working on vertical storage assignment
- Alexa donating cones and wheel for ceramics. Awesome! She's interested in woodworking as well as ceramics (obviously) looking forward to seeing you around!
- Will bringing in a hot pot for casting of pewter for example. Basically you can make a 3d print -> plaster mold -> cast pewter. Contact him for more details.
- Velzy has 20-30 lb of lead that could be used for machining hammers (if I understood correctly) Neat!
- Do you know someone that does HVAC? Tell leadership! We'd love to get a quote from them for AC for our space!
- We do have a quote but would love to support someone that is associated with our members, especially in Coronatimes.
- Current bid is ~$8000. We already have $1000 from a generous donation from Paul V's work! (Thanks again!!)
- Anyone else that would like to chip in, feel free to contact Dave Velzy or any of leadership. If you wish, you can remain anonymous.
- If you have a recommended HVAC contractor - also contact Dave Velzy or anyone on leadership. We'd love to meet with them