January 14, 2014
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: January 7, 2014||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: January 21, 2014|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Spindle Sander: obtained
- Some new wood shop supplies
- 3rd Saturday cleanup
- Hive improvement: proposal for new lights, new pallet racks
- Hive13 Facebook group
- 2nd Tuesday talk--DIY-Bio
- Mike (secretary)--made slides about DIY bio
- Hutch--started online course in commuter science
- Jim Sheely (m)--working on a battlebot
- Ellie (m)--working with Xmas present, getting proficient in inkscape
- Thurman Winzel--new to Hive
- Brad--learning some costume making
- Jordan--didn't do anything
- Jon Neil--new stuff for woodworking shop, added "random button" light show to vending machine
- Franklin--got sparkcore--like arduino, with wifi
- Ruth--(apologies--couldn't quite hear)
- Joseph--registering for membership! coffee, habitat for humanity, and more
- Don--(apologies--couldn't quite hear)
- Mike (member)--visiting after a hiatus
- Emily--built shelves
- Jason (member)--working on pathfinder scenario
- Andy--just joined!
- Bill--built a printer and tested out Gigabot
- Dave (m)--did things! repaired an old DIY circuit
- Ryan m)--ordered parts for router table.
- Coy (m)
- Brent(m)--bought some raspberry pi's and webcams, getting motion detection goin
- Dave(m)--tried to rebuild computers, working on digital key entry lock
- Dan (m)--rooted a tablet
- Hodapp (m)--wrote a boring proposal
- Jason (m)--did a little debugging, repaired cars, etc
- Paul (m)--signed up to take classes at cinci art academy
- Shelly--1st time here, neuroscience major
- Shadoxx (m)
- Ian (el presidente)--bought every raspberry pi at microcenter, and turned them into networked temp/humidity sensors.
- Jon--Awhile back we voted to buy a belt and spindle sander, we just bought Joseph's (new member!)
- Jon also bought 2 routers, 50 router bits, some clamps, spray paint, other supplies
- Ian--Looking at upgrading Hive lighting
- We can no longer replace our long fluorescent lights, bulbs not made.
- Ian has found replacement LED lights at home depot. $150 apiece. Ian will buy one and test it out.
- Jon--we should talk to garden street before replacing lights--some discussion, is this necessary?
- Ian--we are looking to get more pallet racks (storage shelves) for the space
- These would go by back door--would need to move/trash the blackboard
- Goal: improve organization, increase storage space for member projects
- Ian found a quote in Indianapolis. Estimated with transport: $700
- Hutch--will this be better than getting shelves from weld-plus? Short discussion followed
- There will be an online vote with some more details.
- Paul--will not be able to make it to Tuesday meetings
- Someone else will need to pick up pizza! or institute cooking day before meetings?
- Ryan volunteered if needed
- Paul has been transporting the pizza for 5 years, and deserves a trophy.
- Ryan--3rd saturday cleanup is coming up, 1PM!
- Ryan--needs to order a little additional steel for the router project, contact him if you want to combine orders
- Emily--renting out out 2 nice rooms in her attic. They are on Craigslist and facebook.
- Jason--hive T-shirt order status?
- Ian--needs to find time to do price checking and credit card authorizations.
- Goal: trying to save money by writing code for price analysis
- Talk to Ian if you want to write the code. Friday Hack-a-thon?
- Mike--Our facebook group is currently closed (you have to apply), would prefer it was open
- Mike--People browsing facebook should be able to learn something about Hive13 immediately.
- Dave M--another option is to create a Hive facebook page, rather than a "group."
- Some discussion followed. Facebook page sounds good, but it's pointless unless we update it.
- Dave M and Brandon seem to be taking the lead on a Hive facebook page.
- Mike gave 2nd Tuesday talk on DIY-Bio.