January 17, 2012
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: January 10, 2012||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: January 24, 2012|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Update about the 100 amp // 60 amp sub-panel?
- Laser Venting
- Cameras are installed, be aware of their locations -- Do we want to DVR everything?
- Lightning Talks -- Jon Neal
- Brita pitcher -- There was one in the fridge a while ago, but it gotten taken out and is now in a cabinet. Any reason why it got put away?
- It needs new filters, did not get regularly used or cleaned. Water would sit in it for months. Paul can bring down a new filter, but will not have it tonight.
- Laser class after meeting
- Cin-D meeting after meeting
- Related? Jon Neal has access to a wheel chair, could provide a ready-made mobile base unit. We need to retrieve, strip, and clean.
- Doorbell, contact Grant about mounting // drilling near the door. Wired doorbell will be under $40 + effort.
- Need: Mechanical Chime, Transformer, a commercial grade button to survive weather & deliberate abuse by roaming locals, permission from Grant to install said button.
- New computers at the space
- Ed Estes
- Hive Studio - Dave Myers
- Dave Myers - President
- Chris Hodapp
- Lauren - (Guest of Shadoxx) Sculpture & Drawing
- Shadoxx (Brandon) - DJ & Reverse Engineer
- Rick - Geek squad installation, making an electric bike
- Eric (Guest of Rick) - Graphic Designer & Snowboard instructor
- James - (Returning Member)
- Jim - Mechanical Engineer
- Tyler - UC Student (Here w/ Jon)
- Jon - EE Student @ UC, general dabbler and assistant
- Jeff Spenser - Software Arch.
- Kellen - (Son of Jeff)
- Tye Scott
- Ed Estes
- Bill Steele - (3d Printer Guru) Software Trainer (Retired from MS)
- Ian Wilson -
- Dave Menninger - Makerbot
- Craig - Finances, Membership management, Reverse Engineering specialist.
- Alex - Power Situation
- Question: Long term planning, are we moving? Unlikely
- 100 Amp might be overkill, 60 Amp ~$600 + $100 "Random Stuff"
- Slots open on main panel, might be easier to just run a couple smaller lines.
- Laser Venting
- We need to build a box for the blower
- Cameras, one in the fab lab pointing at table, one pointing at laser
- Lightning talks
- Who wants to do one? Jon Neal had stuff to say about this. He is working on his car.
- Brita Filter
- See Jim about Cin-D house bot after the meeting.
- Jon Neal has found a motorized wheel chair, we need a truck to pick it up, then plan a day to strip it.
- New Computers
- Ed brought 3, permanent workstations to have things like inkscape, fixed to a single location and working.
- Studio machine, Quad core w/ a decent video card.
- We will work on the document
- CNC Machine is up and working.