January 18, 2011
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: January 4, 2011||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: January 25th, 2011|
Time: 7:30 PM
Space: Anchor Building, 2929 Spring Grove Ave.
Status Updates / Old Business
- LAN Party this coming Saturday, Setup starts 11:00 am. We will be pooling money to buy pizza when enough people are hungry.
- My cousin (Tom) and I (Paul) will be doing a bit of organization, cleaning, and setup Friday evening.
- Website: www.lanslidegaming.com
- RSVP: www.lanslidegaming.com/rsvp Not required, but encouraged.
- discuss old stuff
- <Mike Linville> Request to use the hackerspace to host a fundraiser for my sister-in-law. My niece was unexpectedly placed into the ICU this weekend and they are expecting to have several days in the hospital and on-going treatment. She is doing better ATM, but is currently still in the hospital. And, with luck she will be released tomorrow. My wife is hoping to put this together and I had mentioned using the space if it was available. Considering that this is not a fundraiser associated with the space, I wanted to definitely put this forward to the group for review and comments. We were hoping to use the space on 2/19 in the evening. We would clean before and after, of course. One plus for Hive13 in this is it will get some folks into the space who have no idea the Hive even exists. We could have a table setup and sell some shirts and other swag for people to take or whatever. I had planned to be there tonight, but I am going to be unable.