January 19, 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: January 12, 2016||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: January 26, 2016|
Time: 7:30 PM
Space: Anchor Building, 2929 Spring Grove Ave.
- Leave work surfaces clear!
- Noise Curfew
- Liability waiver legibility
- Warden help/suggestions from membership
- Hive tool tour
- Mill update
- CNC update
- Laser update
- Tool purchases this year
- Kirk's welding classes
- Metal Prep and Welding Good Practice (class 1)
- Cost: $60
- Offered: Friday 1/22/2016 from 6:00PM - 10:00PM
- Saturday 1/23/2016 from 6:00PM - 10:00PM
- Advanced Welding Fabrication (class 2)
- Cost: $50
- Offered: Friday 1/29/2016 from 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Saturday 1/30/2016 from 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Library summer program interest
- 4 votes today, in new business section
- House keeping
- Noise curfew
- Midnight to 8am. If you get complaints tell Ryan.
- Warden suggestions! Email wardens@ -hive domain- if you run across broken tools, want to suggest purchases, etc.
- Noise curfew
- Hive tool tour
- The wishlist includes lots of suggestions for tool purchases! Feel free to add tools there if you want them.
- Mill update - None
- CNC router update - Now broken, Coy is working on fixing it.
- laser update - None
- Gigabot - Semi-running now! It will not home correctly, see the email on the mailing list before you try to use it.
- Welding class
- See blog or mailing list. If you are available to take either class on the two days they offered leave that in the eventbrite purchase. If a class doesn't get more than one person signed up for a day that day will be cancelled.
- Library summer events
- Anyone want to volunteer for this? :) Contact Lorin!
- Lorin wants to include the Hive in another NSF grant. Gives us street cred for other grants. :)
- Camp washington business association - Let's discuss it at the board meeting.
- Power tool drag racing - San Francisco version. Brad is helping, but Jim has to be in Philly that weekend.
- Brad is thinking of turning the RF-30 in to a manual/CNC mill.
- If anyone wants to help contribute talk to Brad! A few things were already donated in years past.
- We should discuss with Paul first, as it is his mill. Possible purchase?
- Lorin brings up that we should focus on getting proper tools to make sure that the mills stay in good condition (torque wrenches, etc)
- Ryan - Worked on the shapeoko and a data warehouse that "exploded"
- Brent - HAM radio
- Jim - Automatic door opener for his CNC
- - lorin's student, working with linux
- Lorin - Been chopping a lot of wood to keep his house warm.
- John - Here to troubleshoot keycard access
- Ken - Clearing a path in his garage so the FiOptics guy can get through it.
- Tiffany - Took a weaving class
- Mike - Tiffany's worse half, worked on his 3d printer, smoked ribs
- Bill - Gigabot, BB-8 build
- Elly - Etsy shop stuff
- Jon - Tore apart the shapeoko
- Alec - Has been playing with cambam to eventually use the CNC.
- Dave L - Finally got his 1932 Gram Blue Streak from Connecticut
- Greg - Lounge warden, took out the nat. gas pipe that was in the lounge.
- Andrew - Has been learning how to draw
- Kevin - Working on his ultimaker, looking in to going to San Fran for power tool drag racing
- Coy - Order parts for the CNC that he broke, starting getting parts to make a plasma CNC
- Hodapp - Rendered pig fat in to lard, discovered that suet and tallow are different!