January 7, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: December 17, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: January 14, 2014|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Board meeting recap
- Security camera setup
- Table saw/tools search
- Lounge has been cleaned (Ian is awesome)
- Brad Rough (new member, from VLP3D!)
- Jim Sheely
- Security cameras are working! The screen in the lounge is showing a live stream.
- Only exterior cameras are logging
- Mike gave an update of Sunday's Board Meeting [board meeting minutes are at http://wiki.hive13.org/index.php/Board_December_5,_2014)
- Shadoxx--what happened to our big trash can?
- No one knows, it is a mystery
- Brad talked about the Gigabot printer and the VPL3D company
- VPL3D is a new startup in Cincinnati offering rapid prototyping services
- Kind of like Shapeways, but local, with better prices, and more control of your prints.
- Their website  has some cool functionality for viewing objects and choosing options
- They may want some Hive members to "beta test" the website and service
- Possibility for a tour of VPL3D
- Brad brought in the Gigabot 3D printer for the Hive to use! This is "free loan"
- It's enormous
- PLA extrusion
- VPL3D bought it, but they did not get quite the print quality they hoped for.