July 11, 2017
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: June 27, 2017||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: July 18, 2017|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am until further notice.
- Liability waivers must be legible
- CTO Update
- Is it time for the "mock vote" to test the system?
- The Annex
- Woodworking warden
- Makerfaire season
- TIG Welder vote
- Annual meeting is coming July 25th - see email on list
- Current nominations:
- President - Brad
- Secretary - Lorin
- COO - Greg
- CTO - None
- Treasurer - Jim
- Board of directors - Lorin, Brad, Jim
- Time to propose changes to bylaws or addenda - Lorin is heading that up
- Will be a point of discussion at board meeting tomorrow
- Have until 7/18/17 to submit nominations and other proposals to be voted on in the annual meeting
- Current nominations:
- New vacuum-former
- Certification-only until further notice
- Still needs the shitload of power to be run to be usable
- Might get re-wired to 240V, as there's no place in the Hive to get 25A of 120V
- Upcoming events:
- Arduino class?
- Saturday Cleanup July 15th
- Both tidying and filth removal
- Annual meeting - July 25th
- Hive13 Fence Painting (glass block display)
- Practice soldering, and helping a cool project move forward
- Remember to renew your wood slot or ask for a space
- Recurring Item - This Week in Wiki
- Make sure to clean up tables
- Slight purgatory procedure tweaks
- Member Tool lending (renting equipment or buying a tool to use once is stupid) - a physical list of tools we're willing to lend to hive friends for projects (ie. pressure washer, lawn mower, cement mixer, etc)
- How about we do this on a sheet of paper / bulletin board at Hive13, Lorin does not want to list his tools on the wiki. Lorin can curate. His pressure washer is bad-ass, need to borrow it?
- Lawyer vote
- tl;dr -- We're passionate about, and awesome at making things, not writing legal documents and interpreting statutes. We've outgrown our current by-laws, but to ensure that we have a thorough, fair, and legal re-write, we need to retain a non-profit lawyer.
- Vote is to set aside $2000 to be spent on legal expenses, fees, etc to make Hive13's by-laws, financials, and legal matters more awesome.
- 11 Yes votes online as of 7/11/17 17:22
Minutes - 2017-07-11
- Ian is still working on the voting system. Should be ready to test next week.
- The Annex - No word from garden street. leaks abound. including a new one in the bathroom.
- Woodworking Warden - Greg has yet to make a choice.
- Makerfaire season.
- Signup on the spreadsheet. Faire is in September.
- Ian created new learn to solder signs.
- TIG Welder Vote
- Sean has a longevity welder that may be worth looking at.
- Will has been looking at our plasma cutter. We might need to purchase a new plasma cutter.
- Elections soon. We're looking for more nominees.
- pres brad
- secretary lorin
- treasurer jim
- coo greg
- board jim, brad. nooguy?
- james asked about board eligibility
- james - woodworking warden position is still open.
- Arduino class to be Jan 22.
- saturday cleanup on the 15th
- glass block display soldering is underway.
- Speak with Greg to renew your vertical space in the woodworking area
- The week in wiki
- Greg documented the RFID system
- Ian updated the purgatory page
- Purgatory Tweaks
- Be sure and put your date and time on claimed items
- Help Ryan bag power supplies.
- Lorin is interested in creating an informal Member Tool Lending List
- Lawyer Vote $2000 for legal expenses.
- Total Local Votes Count - 9
- A - 2
- N - 1
- Y - 6
- 11 yes online votes.
- Ryan - Bagging cables. Glass Block display. Catching up on some paperwork. (apps)
- Lorin - Rocking out on home improvement stuff.
- Elly - Made some unique cupcakes. baked at 250 to avoid caramelization. will be laser cutting tonight.
- Brad - Trammed the big CNC in preparation for the spoilboard. Working on a safety cover for the electronics.
- Dave - Working on his car. Shuttling granddaughter to work.
- Greg - worked on the RFID reader. fixed a wifi disconnect issue. Moved into a new apartment.
- John S - Ran a CNC class last week.
- Kerensa - finished painting a mural. working on 3d modeling
- Will - Organized some sewing stuff in the lounge, reducing the risk of death. Working aorund the house.
- Nancy - Dishwasher certification class on Wednesday.
- Chris - revisting founder. webdev by trade. interested in 3d printing. wears sunglasses indoors.
- Sean - Industrial automaton. He's been working with an industrial sewing machine, and cleaning the house
- Amy - Sean's fiance. from canada. programmer and web designer. learning motorcycle machanics.
- Carl - former founding member. Visiting to judge our progress.
- Spencer - software consultant. likes plaing with arduino. new visitor.
- Shawn - electronics security. into computers/arduinos. working on a mesh arduino network for dary cows.
- Russel - replaced furnace ductwork. designed some plaques for the cnc router. volunteered to be woodworking warden
- Ian b - work. banners. moving soon.
- James H - changed the spark plugs in his hybrid. building model railroads. 3d delta printers.
- Brent - climbed into his attic to splice Ethernet. working on GIMP polar transforms.