July 15, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: July 8, 2014||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: July 22, 2014|
Time: 7:30 PM
Space: Anchor Building, 2929 Spring Grove Ave.
- Elections are approaching: July 29
- Currently running:
- President: Jim S
- Secretary: none (Elly, Brandon nominated)
- CFO: Jim D
- CTO: Ryan
- COO: Jon
- Board (5 spots): Dave B, Dave M, Jim D, Brandon W, Daniel M, Ian W
- Another contemporary art center event occurring July 24rd (thurs)
- Various Hive equipment improvement stuff
- welding table
- lathe tool posts
- selling the large-format printer
- Organization/Parking Ticketing for hive projects?
- Power tool drag racing update
- 3rd saturday cleanup this saturday
- Shadoxx--says YOLO sometimes
- Ryan--acting CTO! took firewall off UPS for awhile
- Jim D--working on pleteir fridge. Got job at GE
- Savanah--art n tetris
- Dustin--working on 3D printing
- Bill--built Rostock mini printer
- printed with carbon fiber
- Daniel--art, made 20$ AC
- Beta and Son--new
- Joseph--m--space engineers
- Ian M--kegerator?
- Jim--CFO. power tool drag racing
- Cody--new member, and new to cincinnati
- Ivan--sound reactive ambient light project
- Jean--working on shapeoko (apologies if I got your name wrong
- Dave M--making twitterbots
- Chris Hodapp--bad influence
- Justin--tapping giant heatsink.
- Discussed election stuff, and who is running
- Secretary is still unfilled. Elly declines, Shadoxx is resistant
- unless more people are nominated, the Board will be the only "real" vote with more people running than spots
- Ryan: by-laws are on the wiki if you want to see responsibilities
- Shadoxx--create Marketing director position?
- space has grown in membership, more of a need for a marketing director now
- Shadoxx made some points supporting this idea, brief discussion followed.
- This would be a modificaiton of the by-laws: requires 70% of members to vote YES
- If there seems to be support for the idea, expect a vote in the next few weeks.
- Hive Stuff
- Shapeoko frame is assembled!
- More will happen at 2nd build night tomorrow
- Lathe--vote for tool post needs to get posted to mailing. Jon and Jim are on it.
- Player 2 has not shown up for the large format printer yet (but still planning to do so.)
- welding table: still working on it, will send out for a vote...sometime
- Jon--CAC night: week and a half away on July 24
- theme: rapid prototyping an manufacturing!
- might be able to bring shapeoko!
- will try to arrange meeting with our contact at CAC
- interested individuals continue discussion after the meeting
- if you have a project that shows off 3D printing/Laser cutting/prototying, we would like to bring it!
- Jim--Power tool drag racing--in Detroit this weekend!
- Jim D showed some nice graphics and info on the projector
- there are a few people going with Jim to detroit, more are welcome.
- It will be awesome!
- Hive13 will have a booth as part of the drag racing area.
- Marvin (via IRC)--can the Shapeoko build tomorrow have a google hangout?
- yes--we can make it happen
- Parking Passes--for large objects and projects
- there was some discussion of this on the mailing list
- basic idea--everything cluttering up the space needs to have a "pass" to be there
- this will prevent abandoned projects sitting around forever and taking up valuable real estate
- we tried this idea a year or two ago but it didn't reach critical mass of people adopting it.
- other spaces are doing it. for example: http://www.hackpittsburgh.org/wiki/index.php?title=Property_Tags
- Jon--3rd Saturday cleanup this weekend. 1:30 and on!
- help keep hive clean, or shame will be upon your house unto the 7th generation.
- Ryan--remember maker faire, we want cool stuff for display!
Secretary's running-a-hackerspace tumblr pick for the week: http://runningahackerspace.tumblr.com/post/90478017743/getting-members-in-the-space-to-go-on-a-cleaning-spree