July 16, 2013
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: July 9, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: July 23, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Welder: Classes will be soon. Dirty room needs to be prepared.
- Idea: Putting a 220 outlet in electrical room, along with materials to pigtail the outlet outside if there's a need or want to do welding outside on the dock area.
- Idea: Putting two 4x8' metal sheets on the floor.
- We need to take stock of the Fire Extinguishers that are in the hive so that we have a fire extinguisher near the welder just in case we run into issue.
- Motion to spend $200 for safety equipment for the hive. Research will be discussed on the week and posted to the mailing list. 16 Voted Yes (unorthodox vote)
- Reminder: Every third saturday of the month is Hive cleanup.
- Circuit bending workshops
- Circuit bending will be at Maker Faire
- 3rd Wednesdays of the month will be circuit bending nights (DERPA Workshop!)
- Will offer kits.
- Dave is looking into moving his Time Warner Business to the Hive's address.
- Nominations next week for elected positions.
- Hive13 Full members can enroll for an RFID badge.
- Old welder is decommissioned. Motion to sell the welder and give any of the proceeds to the Safety fund for the welder
- Old HP Printer needs to be decommissioned as well.
- Detroit Maker Faire is 27th of July. Some of the hive will go.
- Louisville Maker Faire is in September.
- Ian (Pretending to be secretary) - RFID enabled Vending Machine
- Brent -
- Ryan - Google+'ing Hive13 meetings.
- Ryan 2.0 - Teaching a welding class as soon as wet room is cleaned up.
- Ryan 3.0
- Jason - Tested out new welder with Ryan 2.0
- Jason 2.0 -
- Cindy (Nebulagirl) - Got mame roms to work on Nintendo DS.
- Chris (Hodapp) - Put up pictures at the Brew House.
- Dave - Brewed beer on Saturday
- Jim 2.0 - Working on Futon Frame
- Jim 3.0 - Built Virtual Rockets in Game
- Tiffany - Brewed beer on Saturday
- Dave B. - Bought a SAN
- Coy - Constructed a few more Cornhole Sets
- Bill - Bought a soda with the RFID card. Makerbot is somewhat working..
- Ty - Playing with django.
- Jim - Looking for new makers to attend maker faire.
- Dave M. (Attended via google+ hangout)
Attending Members: 21 + A few late arrivals