July 17, 2018
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: July 10, 2018||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: July 24, 2018|
- Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am.
- Shelf C is up for grabs. New stuff goes on Shelf D.
- Liability waivers must be legible.
- Label your personal supplies & tools.
- Try to get your stuff in your Member Storage spots in a box of some sort. Request new storage spots on https://intweb.at.hive13.org
- At the end of the meeting, please put your chair back on the cart.
- Reminder, we are a community. Keep the space clean. If you need to have a mess, claim it on the mailing list. Use the mailing list if you are going to do a long job or will need some equipment for a specific time.
- Delta Dorks - On hold pending laser refurb.
- Space Reborganization
- 3D Printers
- Laser refurb
- There is now a flowchart of everything left to be done.
- Sanding soon. Need dropcloths.
- Proposed Bylaw Changes
This Week in Wiki
- Kevin added the woodshop tasks to Second Saturday Cleanup.
- Greg added more wires to the Wired Network.
- Yet More Lounge Renovation July 21st.
- Annual Meeting July 24th.
- Nominations and proposals close at 8 PM.
- Ian will be sending out vote links afterwards.
- Voting closes next Tuesday, July 24th, at 9 PM.
- Potluck - post on the mailing list what food you're bringing.
- Maker Faire September 15 and 16. Do we want to participate? If so, with what?
- Repair activity
- We need people to participate
- As per usual.
- Laser Updates
- Parts have arrived.
- Dave has taken inventory. We ordered 2x 128 mm lenses, and received 1x 101mm lens and 1x 128mm lens.
- Annex reorg.
- There is a Win7 tower that may work for laser control.
- New WAP is in, and remains to be hung.
- We may relocate the Hive13 cloud.
- Lounge reorg.
- Greg requests assistance clearing the lounge prior to sanding.
- We're targeting Saturday for hanging ceiling tiles.
- Proposed bylaw changes.
- No discussion.
- Maker Faire September 14th and 16th.
- Roughly 5 people willing to volunteer.
- To the list! Brad will create a thread.
- Letter from the Cincinnati Museum center arrived during the meeting. They are holding a grand reopening Gala.
- Kevin has proposed purchasing a bandsaw fence and fence accessories for $150.
Round of Tuit
- Brad - Re-purposed a wifi router as a mesh networking device.
- Dave L - Has been working on drywall and 3D printing.
- Jim D - Has been spending time in Greenville, visiting their makerspace.
- Brent - Worked on a raspberry pi zero.
- Ryan - Cleaned the metal room on Saturday. Buried by work.
- Dave L - Played about with the laser cutter. Helped a neighbor pull a basketball hoop out of the ground.
- Kerensa - Working on side projects and portfolio.
- Nancy - Helped with the Saturday cleanup. Went to a car show.
- Ian B - Worked on network cabling. Set up the votes for this upcoming week.
- Jeremy - Found his brass rod smaller than expected, but serendipitously appropriate for another project.
- Matt - Entrapped by video gaming.
- Kevin - Cleaned up the wood shop on Saturday. Designed a bench-top brake.
- Greg - Worked on Saturday cleanup. Further reorganization work on the lounge.
- Will - Went to Romania. Deeply enjoyed the exchange rate.