July 22, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: July 15, 2014||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: July 29, 2014|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Elections are approaching: July 29
- Another contemporary art center event occurring July 24rd (thurs)
- Library night next wednesday
- vote on metal lathe tool posts.
- large-format printer
- laser cutter donation
- Mike--secretary. worked on robot
- Tiffany--worked on car, brewed beer.
- Elly--working on furniture
- Jim--CFO. power tool drag race! leaving for detroit friday
- Dan (and John) Listermann--tried 3D printing at downtown library
- Dave--worked on car, went to airforce museum
- Jim--power tool drag racing, worked on fridge.
- Tyler--open automation reading up
- Chris--fermented, made mustard
- Savannah--trying 3D printing, won tetris
- Justin--trying 3D printing
- Thomas--new to Cinci, visiting 1st time
- Will--creates crazy nerf guns, picked up pugeot bicycle.
- Greg--artemis starship simulator. we can try it tonight
- Liz--makes stuff, power tool drag racer.
- Jon--working on display box for hive crafts
- Bill--Mac 128, updated electronics for polar3d
- Daniel--made AC for tent, and klingon swords
- Franklin--dusting off power tool drag racer.
- Jason--VMware and car problems
- Ryan--worked on Shapeoko.
- Dr. Pavil and son (Radu)--heard about us at microcenter, hoping to learn more about microcontrollers!
- Ian (pres)--virtual attendee
- Elections next week!
- There is someone nominated and accepted for every position except secretary
- this meeting is the LAST CHANCE for nominations
- Shadoxx--accepts secretary nomination (via the internets)
- Jim--detroit, power tool drag race! leaving friday, will run sat. and sunday.
- setup is in the hive right now, Jim will be demoing after the meeting.
- remaining 3 races after detroit: triple crown! cincinnati, columbus, and louisville.
- Jon--Contemporary arts center
- thursday night, "fab lab" theme
- Handful of 3D printers,shapeoko, a few other arts n crafts.
- 2hr event, 6-8 PM
- will also have silhouette
- more projects to show off are welcome
- talk to Jon for volunteering
- Vote for $200 lathe tool posts.
- it was posted online (2 people voted by email)
- vote passes
- Why is the printer still here?
- printer having issues--won't register that it has ink cartridges.
- Hoping to sitl sell it..
- Jim--2 or 3 years ago, made contact with someone in Delhi who does laser engraving.
- has 2 lasers. will gift us the older laser
- 25W (relatively low power)
- about the same cutting size as our current laser.
- Need someone with a pickup truck to help get it!
- Mike--Shapeoko project?
- Jim--liz, julian, ryan and bill have been working on it.
- It moves! can draw with marker.