July 7, 2009
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: June 30, 2009||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: July 14, 2009|
Time: 7:00 PM
- If this meeting == Organizational Meeting then agenda = this_agenda
- Insurance Report (Dave, Jason, Chris)
- Party Report (Erik)
- Legality of Alcohol at Events
- craig report on MAME status
- Who is running
- (Hold Election?)
- Website Update
- hive13.org redirect to www.hive13.org?
- www.hive13.org been prettified for n00bs?
- conversation about migrating off groups.google.com
- foxydot workin the networks?
- merch status
- Space Report
- couches, etc
- date to work on soundproofing
- dave report on pledge campaign for soundproofing
- Meetings on Other Weeknights
- Theme nights, classes, etc.
- jason wrote on up
- everyone sign!
- dave has one on the wiki too
- merge, review, get printed
- Dave - i fail. I will call my dude tomorrow.
- Jason sent message to hackerspaces.org list
- didn't get a whole lot out of that
- time is running on. need to get this done!
- foxydot wants a date set asap
- erik will start a wiki page on organizing the party
- jason - don't try and wait for me because i'm crazy busy
- craig - MAME is going well, craig will show anyone around who is interested
- contest! - custom cabinet art
- jason suggested language change on wiki
- instead of duties = x y z, duties = representation/consensus builder on issues related to x y z
- more like a referee than a judge/dictator
- intent of the founders!
- jason go for pres
- craig go for CFO
- dave go for Sec
- erik go for COO
- vendy and starbuck going for cto
- we could technically hold a vote now
- maybe we should mailing list it to give everyone proper notice
- let's just make next week the big official election meeting and adopt the bylaws, etc.
- Xio2 - made a simple inventory DB
- tasks from last week are done
- big hairy technical convo's outside this meeting
- should be able to post things to front page
- should be able to receive input
- NYCresistor is a good example
- wordpress is the way to go
- integrate user account systems
- slightly moderate public blog
- google sites?
- dump it
- for now point www. to wiki
- craig got a call for a good deal at speedspan for $50/month
- chrisA: xaphan is doing up some shirts in time for defcon, also stickers
- dave: i will continue to see what i can do also
- we r awesome
- craigslist is a goldmine of stuff
- couches, fridges, are incoming
- we need shelves real bad
- we have plenty of CRTs
- we can't elect our COO soon enough
- it will be the 19th! (sunday)
- we have the material coming
- solicit volunteers
- do we need anything like ladders, tools?
- do some tarping, maybe painting on the 18th
- we have the money too, (dave Mahen rules!)
- anyone want to go ahead and do a Free Geek Cincinnati?
- there is interest. Dave will work on this.
- vendy doesn't trust paypal
- craig also set us up a mint.com account
- jason: we should probably get a CPA
- what do we need to track for tax purposes?
- dave - i'll ask my mom who is a CPA
other theme nights
- dave started a page on theme nights
- jason: we should start figuring out classes too
- get the liability form finalized, printed out
- dave read it, jason print it out
- dave will guy insurance guy
- erik will work on the party on the wiki
- elections and adoption of bylaws will be next week!
- dave will edit officers section wording
- dump google sites for WP or something
- go ahead with speedspan colo
- solicit bodies for 19th for soundproofing
- dave will research free geek possibility
- figure out what we need to do in terms of record keeping for taxes
- research SSO between WordPress, MediaWiki, nabble, etc.