June 1, 2021
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Time: 7:30 PM
|Previous Meeting: May 25, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: June 8, 2021|
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 513-760-6776 and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
Weekly Meeting Agenda
- Respect Science, Respect Nature and Respect Each Other.
- GET VACCINATED AS SOON AS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE!
- Mask wearing is no longer required for Fully Vaccinated people who have no symptoms of communicable diseases per CDC and ODH guidelines.
- Hive13 supports your choice to wear a Mask at any time for any reason.
- Masks are part of the new Normal.
- Wearing a Mask makes sense due to pathogens, dust, and stuff in the air.
- Wearing a Mask is a Reasonable Accommodation to protect others if they are at risk.
- Stay away from Hive13 if you feel ill or have a fever. It does not matter if it's COVID or something else. Please keep it at home.
- Wear a mask if you are not vaccinated or if you need to wear a mask for your own protection.
- Sign in at the front inner entrance
- Maintain respectful social distancing
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Please keep in mind – We are ALL responsible for the cleanliness of Hive13. Please dust, sweep up, take out the trash, and sanitize areas you have used before leaving.
- Hive13 will not check your vaccination status for COVID, Influenza, Measles, Chicken Pox…
- About us
- What kind of things are you interested in doing/making?
- How did you hear about us?
New Members & Certs
- Slack Thread
- Proposed: Bleeding Control Kit Supplies
- No: 0
- Final Status: Passed!
- We have a new smallish shop vac
- Thanks Brad!
- Chris Davis has classed up the meeting room. We have some quality chairs!
- Glass tube storage for Hot crafts are is complete
- Hooray for leg room on that table!
- Kevin's back to doing what we keep him around for; Tables!
- Parker Jones was cleaning the crap out of it - Thanks!
- Kevin still has cut list / plans if anyone feels like cutting tube and welding one up
- Small laser is progressing nicely! Brad is tweaking material test pieces that look better each time
- Todd brought in a buffing wheel that mounts in the lathe. Use for NON METALS ONLY
- Please never ever ever leave an unlabeled or mislabeled container of chemical or solvent around Hive13!!!
- The idea of live streaming has come up - Schwinn did some test runs.
- Open to anyone with ideas to do this in a simple manner.
- Idea usage: Demos, just showing off, kiln surveilance, etc
- Anything anyone wants to share that wasn't in the Slack thread
- Lisa C, Scott H, Ann H, Drew K, John C, Brad W, Kayla L, Chris H, Kevin M, John O, Dave S, Ralph B, Chris D, Jeremy Y, Dave B
- *Give the Hive some Love day is Saturday June 12
- Vote for Bleeding Supplies and First Aid Restock has passed
- Brad is doing all kinds of great stuff with the small laser. I believe Ralph is too, but Brad talked about it more
- Brad is also offering for metal lathe certifications - contact him if interested
- Group build idea for buffers
- Can we please add Dawn dish soap to the functional budget
- Waiting on things like TP until we see what the building ownership does in terms of replacing the cleaning lady
- We used to have a checklist for bathroom supplies that would be inventoried on Hive Clean up day. We could bring this back now that we're going to bring back Hive cleanups
- Maybe we can use Hive Cleanup as a good time to work on dust collection
- Dave S has been playing around with OBS Studio software for live streaming
- If he can do it, you can too!
- It's free
- Lets have a broadcasting cart. Dave B will bring by a cart
- When running kiln, what's the best way to communicate to members that it's going?
- Manual sign and Slack best option.
- Also put out a call for if anyone else wants fire time
- Sidenote; creating automation of kiln could be a really fun Sparks project