June 18, 2013
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: June 11, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: June 25, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Budget issues
- Jon (Presiding)
- Travis - Newish Member
- Ian (Fill-in Secretary)
- Dave M.
- Jasper -- Has a fair amount of Extruded Aluminum to sell, interested in 3D printing.
- Franklin -- First Bluetooth Low Power Device
- Jordan (Marcus' son)
- Jim (New Member, moving from Georgia, from a hackerspace in GA).
- Roger (Jim's Dad)
- Jean (Jim's Mom)
- John (First time at Hive, Electrical Engineering, AI, Programming background)
- Dave B.
- Shawn (First time at Hive)
- Dave (Newish Member)
- Brian (Newish Member)
(Total in Attendance: 29 (3 late arrivals))
- Deciding on a Budget for a Welder
- Dave B willing to haggle with this
- Vote to occur on mailing list
- $1000 was the number to vote on
- Emily reported that the vent fan is no longer working in the Dirty Room. (Jon to look at)
- Marcus is having an issue with the laser cutter freezing when the upload reaches 86%, and needs some assistance.
- 3D Printer Purchase -- Pushed back to next week.
- Deciding on a Budget for the Hive13 Badges (DIY Soldering)
- Estimated cost $1 to $1.30/badge
- 2-4 week lead time
- 4.6" board qty 200 = 2.50/board, qty 300= 2.00/board, 500=1.51/board. 1000~=1.11-1.25/board
- We should start out with a small number to prototype
- Are we doing this for advertising purposes?
- Include SMT mounts with through-hole mounts on board.
- Initial Budget of $300 for first order