June 24, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: June 17, 2014||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: July 1, 2014|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Space stuff
- fab lab rearrangement
- laser cutter down (should we get another laser? :)
- where should we distrubute brochures?
- New 3D printer!
- Dave M--wokred on beam robot
- Andrew--not yet a member--volunteering at CAC
- Hutch--m--taking care of parents
- Dave (m)
- Ben--new member! rooted phone, brought shop rags.
- also brought some wood to replace shoe rack
- Chris George--mech engineer--new hear! intersted in turnign printers int rapid prototyper
- Brent (m)--opened safe
- Jon--discovered broken laser cutter and fixed it
- Jim--upgraded Gigabot
- Savannah--not a member yet--drew for class
- Ryan--been out of time. Acting CTO right now
- this weekend in prep for CAC--coming friday and saturday evening.
- Tiffany--working on nursery, growing baby, learnign sketchup a little
- space stuff--Jon
- roof stuff is moving forward...has not leaked in a few rainfalls
- fab lab rearrangement. It looks much better.
- Laser cutter!
- power supply fried, Jon patched it.
- this fix might not last forever, we will probably need a new power supply soon...
- we have money to buy equipment, perhaps we should buy a nicer laser cutter?
- some discussion followed...
- bigger cutter from same company?
- Nancy--CURVED SURFACE laser cutter?
- there is a curvy attachment possible for our current laser cutter.
- 2 laser cutters would be nice! Bigger one for bigger projects?
- very rough estimate: ~$4500.
- Brochures Distribution--where do we want to take brochures to advertise?
- some brainstorming happened.
- hardware stores?
- radio shack?
- science fiction conventions?
- steampunk salon?
- Science teachers at high schools/colleges?
- At this point--if you think your workplace/hangout spot/school etc is a good place for pamphlets, TAKE SOME!
- New 3D printer!
- Bill has brought a Polar3D to the Hive
- Beta model very similar to production model...aluminum rather than steel
- software is setup on the laser cutter computer
- you can either use Repetier or the Polar3D software.
- Mike has the configuration as well, and can help you get setup.
- Be careful when trying to use it--someone left the heater on,big glob of baked filament in extruder.
- serial number 13 (perfect)
- Gigabot is also working--Thanks Jim Sheely and everyone who worked on it!!
- Contemporay Art center CAC--light up the night July 3rd (a thursday)
- we need LED projects/art projects/etc.
- ryan wants to do an event this weekend
- CAC would also they would like some hands-on projects.
- CAC will cover $300 for supplies
- Discussion and brainstorming...
- sticky LEDS..throwies?
- Starbuck's Seed of Life is here. not sure if it will happen.
- 50 to 60 people expected?
- Dave--drawDO. circuit on a pencil?
- CAC discussion continued after the meeting
- Other new business
- Chris (new visitor!)
- Ideas for a rapid prototyper based on inkjet printers
- would like to do it for under $250 in parts and 400hrs in time.
- rapid prototyping with baked-in wiring?
- does anyone have experience/words of advice?
- we have them.
- keep sink area clean
- no food left around
Secretary's tumblr pick of the week: http://runningahackerspace.tumblr.com/post/49787803057/every-member-upon-discovering-the-3d-printer