June 28, 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: June 21, 2016||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: July 5, 2016|
- Leave work surfaces clear!
- New Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am until further notice.
- Liability waiver legibility.
- Swear at the wardens.
- Have you checked the wishlist?
- Shutdown Procedure - Go win the door prize.
- Flammables Cabinet
- Shell Server
- Lathe Update
- Laser update - The laser needs to get some head.
- Library Events
- Elections coming. Annual meeting will be July 26.
- Wood storage is getting cleaned out again at end of June
- PTDR in Detroit in July
- Usual housekeeping
- Flammables cabinet
- Ryan found a few at Mendelson's. We will likely be getting one from them soon.
- CTO Update
- New wireless access point is up! hivenet has been renamed to hive13guest
- Everything has been moved off of shell at this point. Next week it will be getting shut down for good. Last chance if you have anything on there!
- Lathe update
- It got moved in to the dirty room.
- Feet on their way, will have to wait until they come in to get the lathe off of the pallet.
- Laser update
- Fire damaged the lens on the big laser. We likely have an extra, but we should order some extras.
- Library events
- Kitchen science themed events at local libraries. Talk to Mike if you want to help volunteer.
- None until July 9th!
- People want to put the extra money from these events into a pot for outreach events rather than in to the general fund.
- Elections are coming
- The annual meeting will be on July 26th.
- Email will be going out very soon. Post there if you want to run for any board or officer positions.
- Wood storage getting cleaned out
- If you haven't actively used your storage in 3+ months please remove what you are storing.
- We are committed to Detroit Makerfaire at the end of July.
- Hive13 "scavenger hunt"
- Jim Shealy is moving to the UK and dropped off a bunch of electronic goods, some jewellery making equipment, etc. Dig through it and find anything you want!
- Cincinnati Makerfaire
- Just announced! October 8th and 9th
- It is being held in the giant, open, muddy field called Hamilton County Fairgrounds.
- Harbor Freight 4th of July sale is coming up! 20% off everything for the next few days.
- Ryan found a site that compiles harbor freight coupons - http://www.hfqpdb.com/
- Further making of sparks (still working on TV stand).
- Helped move the lathe. The metal room door now swings the other way.
- Reattached the air compressor handle. Broke the fablab with wind.
- Ian B - He did the things he already talked about?? (new access point, server stuff)
- Rich - Moved to Arizona for a while and just moved back!
- Finally got Internet access in the new apartment.
- Ordered 20TB worth of hard disk for new server.
- Made trip to Ikea, still has money, going back tomorrow to remedy that. (They were out of the desired desk.)
- Franklin - Went on vacation to DC and visited family in Connecticut.
- Anthony - New to the area, from Tennessee. Went with Matt Malorik to Paxton Lumber to get some wood to work on!
- Mike - Worked on some lab stuff, 3d printed a skyrim helmet.
- Kyle - Wants to help out around here, has been helping with library events.
- Dustin - Busy with school and life.
- Elly - Trying to get the wood shop cleared up. Currently apartment hunting.
- Ken - Helped with a learn to solder event this last week. Had a good time!
- Chris - Mostly homework, working with polar3d.
- Sam - Busy with his new job (yay promotions!), working on his show, looking for a new place, lots of stuff!
- John (Bludwulf) - helped tear apart the horizontal metal bandsaw.
- Steve - Not a whole lot in the last week!
- Nancy - Missed the last meeting, spent some time watching cars race.
- Dave L - Been out of town working on cars and trucks.
- John (new) - went skydiving this weekend.
- Brad - Helped move the lathe.
- Josh - didn't here what he said
- Chris - looking to become a member
- Coy - Sick
- James W - Looking to become a member, interested in everything! Heard about us through Kevin.
- Anna - New, graphic designer, interested in a lot of thing. Has been designing tabletop games lately and wants to try 3d modelling.
- Jon - Just got back from Chicago. Visited pumping station one which was kinda weird. They have some clones of people at our space, very bizarre.