June 29, 2021
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Time: 7:30 PM
|Previous Meeting: June 22, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: July 6, 2021|
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 513-760-6776 and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
Weekly Meeting Agenda
- Read below for yourself
*Basically if you have been vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask. (But you certainly can if you want.)
- Respect Science, Respect Nature and Respect Each Other.
- GET VACCINATED AS SOON AS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE!
- Mask wearing is no longer required for Fully Vaccinated people who have no symptoms of communicable diseases per CDC and ODH guidelines.
- Hive13 supports your choice to wear a Mask at any time for any reason.
- Masks are part of the new Normal.
- Wearing a Mask makes sense due to pathogens, dust, and stuff in the air.
- Wearing a Mask is a Reasonable Accommodation to protect others if they are at risk.
- Stay away from Hive13 if you feel ill or have a fever. It does not matter if it's COVID or something else. Please keep it at home.
- Wear a mask if you are not vaccinated or if you need to wear a mask for your own protection.
- Sign in at the front inner entrance
- Maintain respectful social distancing
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Please keep in mind – We are ALL responsible for the cleanliness of Hive13. Please dust, sweep up, take out the trash, and sanitize areas you have used before leaving.
- Hive13 will not check your vaccination status for COVID, Influenza, Measles, Chicken Pox…
- About us
- What kind of things are you interested in doing/making?
- How did you hear about us?
- Craft/ Sewing Warden Hours Thursday - July 1st, 6:30-8:30
- Hot Crafts Warden Hours - July 5th, 7:00-9:00
- Dust Collection Work Day and Cleanup Day Saturday - July 10th, 1:00-5:00
- Retro Gaming Night on Wednesday July 7 at 7:30 PM
- Open to anyone who wants to appreciate, learn about, and play some retro video games. This event, we will be focusing on the Nintendo Entertainment System, and the games and accessories that go along with it
- Contact Tara Keller for more deets!
- Vote for Board and Officers coming up on July 20, 2021
- Please nominate members in this thread or on the pinned post in the Slack announcements channel that you feel would be suitable for Hive13 leadership. You can read more about the individual duties on our wiki.
New Members & Certifications
- Malcolm M, Beth Mitchell & fam (Cadence & Emily) are glass torch certified!
- Slack Thread
- Anything anyone wants to share that wasn't in the Slack thread
- AC problems and partial resolution and better understanding of issues
- Kevin M has been on a wiki updating spree! So many updates I can't keep track
- Woodshop entrance door handles are less broken. Unless Brad breaks them
- Powder coating oven donation facilitated by Velzy!
- Velzy grabbed a TON of stuff from an auction. Lots of neat stuff
- Oxy acetylene setup
- Clamps for days!
- Bandsaw! Needs some TLC but we're good at that
- We have new wood chisels! Thanks John!
- Warden / COO issues
- We need a welding warden!
- We need people at less than the warden level to help out
- Various names have been suggested for this. Club, team, committee
- We need help in repairing tools and cleaning things like saw blades
- Details of warden and MRO expenses have been shared to a limit extent
- More is coming including much better financial reporting
- Freezepops are back! And the Soda machine has been reloaded. Thanks twice Nancy!
- Gases are refilled
- Floor mount TV stand brought in by Brad. He also brought in another shop vac!
- Lisa C, Brad W, Heath B, Jeremy Y, Kayla L, Chris D, Tara K, Jim D, Marilyn C, Dave S, Kate C, John C,
COO + Treasurer Update
- We need a new welding warden
- John still doing analytics comparing MRO v warden budget expenses
- Reminder that anyone who is interested in the finances, the open finance website is available and updated.
- Jim is happy to clarify anything
- Bottom line, is we are in a good place and still covering all our expenses with wiggle room
Retro Game Night
- New (hopeful) series of events lead by Tara K.
- Pretty exciting!
HVAC Problem in Laser bay
- Velzy put it far more succinctly than I can. See here for his explanation on some new things we've learned about our AC