March 1, 2022
|Previous Meeting: February 22, 2022||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: March 8, 2022|
- 1 Time and Place
- 2 Weekly Meeting Agenda
- 3 Minutes
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial [513-760-6776|+1 513-760-6776] and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
Weekly Meeting Agenda
- In Person Events are back on.
- Members may enter and use the space 24/7. If you Feel Sick - Stay Home.
- Masks are optional, but encouraged
- Get vaccinated if you can, while you are at it, get a Flu shot
- Respect Science, Respect Nature, Respect Each Other
- PLEASE respect the building alarm
- We have 24 hour access to our space and the front stairwell ONLY, all other areas will trigger the alarm.
- The alarm is active from 10pm to 6am
- Do not go into any other part of the building during these times (ie; dumping the trash), as it will set off the alarm.
- What kind of things are you interested in doing/making?
- How did you hear about us?
- Tour After Meeting
Upcoming Events and Classes
- Thursday, March 3rd at 7:30pm
- Retro Game Night
- Thursday, March 3rd at 6 to 9 pm
- Saturday, March 5th at 2 pm
- Metal Lathe class
- Metal Mill class at 3:30 pm
- Both taught by Brad W.
- Tuesday, March 8th after the meeting
- March Guest Speaker: Emily of Cosplaycad and Accessories
- Saturday March 12 at noon
- Saturday Cleanup
- Monday March 14th at 7:30 pm
- Board Meeting
- Wednesday March 16th at 7:30 pm
- Outreach Committee meeting
- Friday, March 18th at 6pm
- Needlecraft Night
- Saturday March 19th
- TIG and Stick welding class
- Wednesday March 23rd at 8pm
- Warden's meeting
- Saturday March 26th at 1:30pm
- Technology Committee meeting
- Tuesday, April 12th after the meeting
- April guest speaker: Tom Ellis from Thompson Enamels
- See TV Board
- we have a demagnetizer! Thanks Paul!
- Massive improvements in the hot crafts area!
- The big CNC got a facelift - thanks Coy!
- Parade yelling from Kostas
- T shirts, t shirts, getcha t shirts
- Also - PTDR shirts
- Hot Crafts
- Workday this weekend was fun and productive!
- Next Hot Crafts Committee Meeting - March 7th, 2022
- Vote posted for materials for next month's workday
- There is one Cornerstone Corner Storage space still available! Would anyone be interested in stepping up their membership?
- Can you teach people to use something at the Hive?
- Awesome. Add your name to the WIP list of wizards
- Emergency contact compilation
- We've received a large donation and could use some help sorting through it!
- Closing Tonight:
- Closing Next Week:
- In Discussion for Future:
- Machine Shop Tool Carts/Workbenches
- Kitchen Committee Meeting - March 19th, 2022
- Final Meeting Prior to posing kitchen budget vote
- Expect a $9k-10k vote
- will be spread out over the rest of the year
- about 1/2 of available budget for member votes through the rest of 2022 - set expectations accordingly
- What have you been working on slideshow
start time: 7:32pm ET
end time: 8:06pm ET
- we are removing the Resin 3D printing class as the space is not prepared for a full-on class.
Winning shirt design: I make things in this shirt
Orders start: Tonight
Orders End: April 1
Ask for more more information in #outreach channel in Slack!
If you are interested in acquiring a Power Tool Drag Racing T-Shirt please reach out in #outreach!
What is a cornerstone membership?
- it's a way for you to give a little extra to the hive
- you get a 4' x 4' storage space in return
- Huge donation needs help sorting and testing hardware!
- two truckloads of stuff
- lots of really amazing stuff for us to use
WE'RE GOING TO MAKE A KITCHEN!
(come to the kitchen committee meeting on march 19!
Death Cafe on March 19 (5-9pmish) -- Alive in the Hive
- there will be cheese pizza involved
An order to Delphi Glass will be made later today. Please contact Lisa C. if you would like more stuff.
- does a lot of stained glass
- sheet glass
- tools for glass
- and supplies for slumping and fusing