March 18, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: March 11, 2014||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: March 25, 2014|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Space Stuff/COO
- Table saw
- Spotting laser on laser cutter
- Third Saturday
- Kitchen towel bucket?
- Network stuff/CTO
- New batteries for UPS server
- New hard drives for file server
- CPS Science Night
- Hive13 propaganda (Shadoxx)
- Do not use dishwasher
- Music--danced a lot
- Joseph--member, working on brochure
- Bill-tried to print something
- Franklin--brought in fancy cell phone charging robot
- Arliss--worked on arduino project
- Jon-worked on woodshop, stacked stuff on shelves
- Franklin's Father, also Frank
- Ryan--pallet racks
- Shadoxx--musix and and analogz
- Tiffany--finished counter flow chiller for hombebres
- Dave M (member)
- Jim--went to organizing meeting for cinci maker faire! working on cindi loo
- Ryan-member, nice to be back
- Jim(m)--beat through serial communications
- Hutch (m)--learning laser cutter
- Nancy--rug is almost complete! next project: real rug frame
- Daniel--working on klingon rifle prop
- Chris--went to maker kickof as well
- Jon: Space stuff
- took down some useless shelves from woodworking area
- Jon organized wood on pallet racks--plywood bottom masonite, etc
- Finished running electric for welder today!
- Go check out wood area!
- Table saw is ready to go!
- Gigabot--power supply fried, Bill ordered one but it has still not shipped from China
- Anyone going to Fry's? :) Could pick one up to get it working faster
- Laser cutter mounting bracket
- bracket is broken that is supposed to hold red guide laser (cutting laser still fine)
- pretty simple piece to create and install. anyone want to take the lead?
- Daniel offered work on this, Jon will show what needs to be done.
- Kitchen towel bucket. We actually have access to a washer and dryer
- Ryan--dishwasher is terrible and useless
- For now, DO NOT USE IT--instead wash by hand.
- Do not put dirty stuff on teh dish-wrack, it is for drying clean stuff
- CTO Stuff: Dave B wants us to vote on stuff for Hive13 servers
- Dave sent 2 proposals on the email list for us to vote on
- Jon and Ryan explained the proposals, and attendess voted.
- Purchase 1: Server batteries: want 12 batteries, 18$ each, for UPS
- old battery cluster has gone bad.
- Important for this to be working; it runs our badge access for example
- Vote passed: Dave authorized to spend $200 on batteies
- 2nd purchase: server hard-drives upgrades.
- Dave proposed spending ~$1000 for 12 terabytes of harddrive space.
- Some discussion followed
- more storage space--upgrade would allow more computer/server-related projects.
- Dave wants to do a "yearly server restructuring"--going to take some unused servers out of commission.
- we already have ~4TB of hard drive space, only a small fraction is being used
- what do our servers actually do?
- VM ware
- General purpose SSH server, does camer
- 5 set up as a computing cluster.
- On our hivestor file server--a few terabytes, we are using a few hundred gigs.
- Shadoxx--down the line, if we have more people wanting to use servers, might be nice
- ryan--more cost efective to use amazon web serviced? but not as cool.
- Vote failed
- Joseph--brochures! prototypes of awesome hex design passed around
- how will we cut them out?--probably manually --> cutting and folding party.
- new pictures of Hive should be taken for brochures
- Hodapp can take photographs in a week.
- watch for a notification--get yourself/your project photgraphed
- PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF and clean up your old projects. we want Hive looking good!
- shadoxx-might need to find somewhere else to print them up (rather than place he works)
- Trifold folding printers are cool, would really like to use those for trifold design
- Chris--manufactory has printing business.
- we also have one in anchor building.
- Shadoxx--laser printing will be faster and cheaper
- How many to print? Shadoxx proposes 1000
- We went thru a LOT at Maker Faire.
- General agreegment with 1000, but want to know price
- Shadoxx will get price quote within 2 weeks.
- we could get a big frame with oversized hex print.
- Shadoxx is MAKING THIS HAPPEN, no delays.
- John--hive13 logo display.
- This was discussed on mail list as a portable hive advertisement gizmo
- John can build base, other members needed to help with art/electronics/etc
- Short discussion followed; Mike willing to help
- Hutch--Jim was talking about getting batteries for cindy lou
- does anyone have access to used 12V batteries?
- Bill--Dave has some--they are some extras on the shelf, available right now!