March 29, 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: March 15, 2016||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: April 5, 2016|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Leave work surfaces clear!
- New Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am until further notice.
- Liability waiver legibility.
- Warden help/suggestions from membership
- If you notice consumables are out, a tool has an issue, etc email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Year, New Tools!
- Have you checked the wishlist?
- Tour of Hivetoolery
- Laser update
- 3D Printers
- CNC update
- Metal lathe
- Library Events
- Lorin needs more helpers for this.
- The Clermont County library is doing a maker faire on 7/25 and we should go! Dave B's wife is helping set it up.
- Vote for finishing up the big CNC/CNC area
- Lathe purchase
- They do have discounts for non-profits, but they are small
- We needed to add on another $400 to $500 to hit their minimum order for discounts ($5k), we will see if it is worth it.
- Clermont County library makerfaire
- June 18th from 10am to 3pm
- Dave is going to go ahead and sign us up, a few people said they could probably do it.
- $200 for general improvements to the CNC area
- Number of voting members: 14
- Abstaining - 1
- No - 0
- Yes - 13
- Where are we on vectric?
- Ryan is waiting to hear back from them about switching emails around
- Bill - has been working on something at work, going to Florida next work to see the SpaceX CRS-8 launch!
- Jon - took a bunch of electronics to the computer co-op, worked on the metal storage racks here
- Dave B - Working on some beefy "relays", blowing up lots of electronics, being elusive
- Greg - Got a BMW working, other car maintenance, lots of drinking probably
- Coy - Has been working on his CNC, helping people cut stuff out on the big CNC
- Brad - Out for a while from falling down the stairs, all better now. Had to replace his dishwasher. Spent some time on the RF-30, the table is pretty flat!
- Kevin - Missed last meeting helping one of Lorin's students with their car. Been busy around the house.
- Tim - Been too distracted by all of the squirrels in his life to get things done.
- Franklin - Got his 30 year old fridge replaced, found a stone in his sandwich at lunch.
- Dave L - Car work, been sick.
- Andrew - Had to help build a small form factor PC
- Elly - Has been organizing stuff down here
- Alex - working on hexagon game tiles
- Jim - Something, having to deal with Time Warner
- Kerensa - Interested in CNC routing, 3d printing, manufacturing in general
- Dustin - Something
- Ryan - Got drunk and was welding with Jon