May 6, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: April 29, 2014||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: May 13, 2014|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Space Stuff/COO
- Hive13 propaganda
- Ham radio guys talking next week
- Ian (dark Ian)--got popcorn working, organizing lounge
- Ryan--rebuilt hivespy, and fastor online.
- Arliss--replaced valve cover gasket, learned laser cutter
- Shadoxx--ranted on internets
- Ian (president)
- Hodapp--photo shooting and editing
- Josh(visitor)--working on raspberry pi boxes for net TV
- Tiffany (m) --took apart steam cleaner
- Hutch (m)
- Ryan (m)--slept and ate food
- Dave (m)--brewed beer. worked with beehive
- James--got 3D printer (pixie)! will be cleaning up fab lab a bunch!
- Bill (m)--delivered a 3D printer to a customer, and other cool stuff
- Russet--New member!!
- Alex--visitor (again!)--thinking of joining
- John--member--portable demo unit
- Marvin (via google chat)
- Ian met with mosaica charter school company
- they have approval for a "maker school" in cincinnati
- will go in location of a former school.
- meeting was about: how to make this work
- Mosaica may sponsor Hive13 events?
- Likely will have presence at maker faire this summer
- "It takes more than a laser cutter and 3D printer for a makerspace"
- Shadoxx will be finalizing pamphlets and sending to printer
- Vote on marketing material: up to $300 for hive13 flyers
- This was proposed on mailing list last week, although some members reported it ended up in spam filter
- Vote passed!
- Jon--hamvention is next weekend, Dayton
- Tickets are $20 beforehand, $25 at the door
- anyone else interested in going
- Marvin (virtual)
- should we have ID badges to wear for security/safety purposes?
- various discussion happened...
- Most members seem comfortable with current security
- If there is someone you don't know at Hive, introduce yourself
- If some members want new security measures, discussion can continue after meeting
- James--Revisiting "old business"--pamphlet front page?
- Currently "So you want to join a makerspace?"
- Suggests something else..."What's all the buzz about?"
- some discussion followed
- There was already a lengthy comment period on the pamphlets, probably too late for changes this round