|List of All Documented Equipment|
|Hive13 Asset Tag: None|
|Make/Model: RouterBOARD 493G (google)|
|Arrival Date: December 2019|
|Does it work?: yes|
|Certification Needed?: yes|
As of January 2020, Hive13's internet connection has been moved to a MikroTik RouterBOARD 493G donated by Drew K. This RouterBOARD platform features nine 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, three miniPCI slots for wireless radios, and an unpowered USB port inside the case.
Managing the router
There are several ways to manage a RouterOS device. You can:
- Connect to the serial port on the router (9600,8,N,1) to access the CLI
- Connect over SSH (LAN only) to access the CLI
- Use the Winbox application to access a graphical configuration interface and the CLI
- Use a web browser to access a graphical configuration interface (similar to Winbox) and the CLI
RouterOS has extensive documentation on the MikroTik wiki site.
How to update the firmware
Winbox or Web
- Go to System > Packages
- Click the "Check for updates" button
- If an update is available, you will see a Download and a Download&Install button
- Take a moment to review the displayed changelog.
- The Download button will simply download the new firmware to be installed at the next reboot. Download&Install will additionally trigger an immediate reboot.
/system package update check-for-updatesand wait for the message.
- If an update is available, type either
/system package update downloador
/system package update install. These commands have the same effect as the Download or Download&Install buttons in Winbox.
- Visit https://mikrotik.com/download and find the main package for the Stable branch of RouterOS. The RouterBOARD 493G is a MIPSBE device.
- Download the .npk file to your computer.
- Upload the .npk file to the router using Winbox (click Files on the left side) or via SFTP
- Reboot the router to install.