November 10, 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: November 3, 2015||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: November 17, 2015|
- Second Saturday approaches. Let's sneak a cleaning day in before the holidays.
- Please verify legibility of waivers before accepting.
- Noise Curfew
- Board Meeting
- Discount photons
- Get a room
- Website request for comments
- Tour of Hivetooley
- Gigabot update
- Mill update
- Laser update
- Noise curfew in effect as always. :) Midnight to 8am.
- If you make someone sign a waiver make sure it is legible!
- Let's do a second Saturday cleanup this week! Ryan will be down here from noon to 4pm.
- Board meeting
- Jon sent an email to Garden Street about renting the unit next door.
- Website - If anyone notices anything missing please bring it up! We are pretty much done with the bulk of the work.
- Discount photons (halve the price of laser minutes)
- Tool update
- Gigabot - still broken
- Mill - Other two linear encoders/scales need to be mounted, but they are here!
- Laser update - Still trying to figure out the lid situation. We should probably add a hood prop thing/kickstand
- CNC - If you want to learn to use it you need to put forth most of the effort on your own. Helping build out the rest of the machine is a fantastic way to learn the machine!
- Jon is going to do a class on the NodeMCU for those interested
- Ryan - Busy moving this last week
- Dustin - Going to school at UC
- Jason (new) - Will be going to school at UC soon, interested in building a digital ledger
- John M (bludwulf) - Got to play with an electron microscope and nuclear force microscopes at UC
- Kitty - playing around with Tinkercad, got her first commission to 3d print something!
- Elly - Has been working on her etsy shop
- Nancy - Went to the UC surplus sale this past week, went to the reptile expo, won $250 in "show bucks"
- Mike - Has been busy being a lab rat at UC
- Peter - Working on school stuff
- Curtis - most interesting thing he did lately was run a 90lb jack hammer
- Tim - Mech E, starting some woodworking based projects
- Matt - Woodworking some pens
- Greg - Will be working on the vending machine, installing an inverter in his truck
- Marvin - Hasn't been around for a while! Here to work on the CNC with Coy.
- Bill - Invented a new printer, printed 24 objects with serialized numbers on each at the same time overnight.
- Jon - Started messing around with a microcontroller wifi, demoed controlling the dust collector remotely which then failed horribly.
- Dave Lear - Has been sick
- Ivan - Nothing!