November 17, 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: November 10, 2015||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: November 24, 2015|
- Second Saturday approaches. Let's sneak a cleaning day in before the holidays.
- Please verify legibility of waivers before accepting.
- Noise Curfew
- Tour of Hivetooley
- Gigabot update
- Mill update
- Laser update
- Education Update
- Jon is going to do a class on the NodeMCU for those interested
- Saturday cleanup happened. Check purgatory for your missing things.
- Membership Update
- Welcome new member Kitty Perentesis
- Second saturday cleanup was good
- Make sure waivers are legible
- Noise curfew - midnight to 8am
- Tool Tour
- Gigabot - still broken
- Mill - DRO is coming along!
- Laser - Anyone have a spare 2.5" SATA drive? We need it for the new control computer
- NodeMCU class - Probably in ~2 months, if anyone wants to get some when Jon orders them send him an email!
- Membership update!
- Welcome Kitty!
- If anyone wants to apply talk to Ryan or Jon.
- Space next door
- Jon will be checking out the space next door hopefully some time this week. If we can get a good price we will definitely look at renting it!
- Jon finished installing the last light upgrade which was in the woodworking area. The space looks much brighter!
- Brad is going to be the new CNC warden, woohoo!
- Half laser minute costs vote
- 12 voting members here
- 1 abstain
- 11 yes votes
- Also 5 yes votes online
- It passes!
- Ryan - Developing no/low-cost workflow for HiveCNC.
- Greg - Brought his car in to the 21st century
- Elly - Etsy store stuff!
- Brad - New job has him busy
- Dustin - Something
- Will - Checked out a solar vehicle this weekend, built a super charged fan and lost a computer fan
- Jon - Climbed on the roof of the hive and tried to fix some leaks
- Hodapp - Quitting his job, made salt rising bread
- Brad - New CNC warden! Working on the vertical mill still. Wants to do classes on vertical mill and CNCs.
- Curtis - Not sure what to say
- Andrew - Did a lot this last week, built a gaming computer, also finishing up his 3d printer.
- Tim - Rethinking a woodworking project, learned how long it takes to ship stuff from japan.
- Bill - Got to show his new printer to GE
- Shae - Came down to check the space out!
- Chris - Visiting with Shae
- William - Probably going to join today, working on his rotating detonation engine.
- Kitty/Emma - Just joined! First failure on a 3d printer.
- Scott - Car mechanic/techie, studies advanced mathematics and electronics.