November 19, 2013
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: November 12, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: November 26, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Space update--Jon
- Rained; there was more pooling water, roof still needs repair; Jon will call about it
- Postponing sander purchase
- Ed (former member) has many woodworking tools here and may want them back, but is out of contact
- security camera setup still needs to happen--possibly this weekend?
- 1 more 220 electrical drop to run, for the welder; the old drop is currently cut so welder is MIA
- T-shirt: Jon has sent design to Ian, order will happen soon, expect email
- Next Tuesday we will have a potluck dinner for the Hive meeting
- Ian will fry a turkey, check mailing list to sign up to bring a dish!
- Teensies are in from PRJC for microcontroller monday
- They are freely available for projects, if you write up a blog post about it!
- If you don't have an @hive13 email address and you want one--ask Ian, we have many
- Ian is communicating with Sparkfun, they will send us goodies and a discount for members
- autodesk is going to give us autocad software, because Ian is awesome. they may even send someone to train us!
- also trying to get us solidworks
- Jim--Announcement on Makerfaires
- Deemed a success--broke even
- Talk of doing one again next year
- Possibly move this museum center!
- want to preserve power tools and possibly take them to detroit maker faire
- Shadoxx--idea for sponsorship program
- Possible way to grow the space
- Jim--look at Louisville hackerspace, they give "scholarships"
- Idea is to give potential members a chance to try out the space
- Nancy "Low introdcuctory rate" to get people hooked.
- Shadoxx will post a proposal to mailing list
- Hutch--We should advertise more!
- Mike (secretary)
- Jim D (treasurer)--visiting Detroit--working on clock project; had gears to compare laser to waterjet
- Charles (recurring visitor)
- Jon--got dust collector mounted; 3 electrical drops have been run; many parts ordered for CNC mill!
- Ian--President--was here all wken
- Paul--given up on using raspberry p
- Dave 2.0(m)
- Franklin-fixed wiper blade
- Chris Hodapp-hypnotized by lights
- Brandon--awesome music responsive lights project
- Nany (m)--working on jans rag rub; went to snake reptile swap show.
- Jason--job interview!
- Jason--helped run electricity; fixed electronics
- Ryan--wifi penetration testing box
- Tiffany (virtual)
- See old and new business