November 22, 2022
|Previous Meeting: November 15, 2022||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: November 29, 2022|
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial [513-760-6776|+1 513-760-6776] and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
Weekly Meeting Agenda
- Review the Membership Agreement and Code of conduct, we must all be good to each other and the space
- Please use smile.amazon.com to donate to Hive13, select "Sad Bee Inc" (our corporate name)
- If you Feel Sick or test positive for COVID Stay Home. Masks are optional, but encouraged.
- Don't trigger the alarm! We have 24 hour access to our space and the front stairwell ONLY. The alarm is active from 10pm to 6am in all other spaces.
- THE PURGE IS COMING!!! The time has come to do some reckoning with all of the various and sundry crap we have in the Dungeon. Consider this your official warning - if an item that you own or want is in the dungeon without a current valid parking pass, it will be considered trash, and will be treated as such. We don't have a firm date yet for the purge, so we will keep you posted.
- What kind of things are you interested in doing/making?
- How did you hear about us?
- Tour After Meeting
Upcoming Events and Classes
Had a great initial meeting! Still in infancy, but we're dreamin' and dreamin' is free...
How do we want to define a “strategic plan”? Vision for the HIVE at large
- Classes (singles and series), education, activities, workshops
- We should pay our instructors
- How? Grant money, admission cost
- Website development/updating (Tendency)
- Power Tool drag racing
- Building relationships with other orgs
- Urban Manufacturing Alliance / Cincinnati Maker’s Council (Dave V has a follow up on 11/30)
- “Learn to solder” at schools, etc
- Employee for infrastructure support
- How do we make more members comfortable / empowered to make
Vision for expansion into the dungeon
Let’s split into large-scale goals with a range of priorities.
- landlord to finish promised improvements (paint, clean up, bathroom, panel)
- Dungeon “habitable” first
- Purge the crap
- Shelves to move
- Short term: nicer member storage
- Medium / long term:
- Kids space
- Tool library
- Recording studio / video / streaming
- infrastructure/server room
- Classroom space
- Additional meeting space
- What a year! Check out the deets from our last meeting here and keep up with us as we get ready for 2023 on Slack (#outreach)
- No meeting for December! Hopefully Kostas P. will learn how to send an email sans anxiety by then.
- "Hive is Real" shirt order form coming first week of January 👀
- Brad has proposed a vote for a new 5 hp motor for the main air compressor. We are currently limping along with a smaller one, so we are not "dead in the water," but I think we're in agreement that this is a necessity! Vote closes on 12/5. Please vote on the thread in Discourse.
Frisbee Round & Hive Fives
- See slideshow