November 3, 2020
|Previous Meeting: October 27, 2020||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: November 10, 2020|
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 513-760-6776 and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
2701 Buildout Floor Plan: File:2701InitialMoveInLayout.pdf
Weekly Meeting Agenda
- The following items are mandatory for all members, guests and others entering our space:
- Wear a mask at all times in the 2701SG building
- Sign in and Sign out at the front inner entrance
- Maintain social distancing
- Sanitize surfaces you come into contact with. Utilize the PPE station
- Please please please stay vigilant. COVID-19 cases are on the rise, and show no signs of slowing with the upcoming holidays
- Leadership is considering cancelling the public portion of the Tuesday night meetings (Google Meet only) for a while and not having members of leadership at Hive13 to give tours and sign up strangers. This would effectively freeze membership growth for now.
- Thu, November 5, 6:30pm – 8:30pm : Craft and Sewing Warden hours.
- Thu, November 5, 7pm – 9pm : Welding, Glass, and Machining Warden Hours
- Please let Kayla know of events you want added that isn't on the calendar already
- Drywall has been done in the woodshop, welding, area by fridge. Meeting room is partially done
- Laser, glass and kitchen delayed
- Both furnaces functioning, sort of
- Lighting improvement status
- Paint a Pillar!
- If interested in decorating a ward pillar, create your design, submit it on the Paint a Pillar Slack channel and then allow anyone else who wishes wants to enter their design for that column has two weeks to submit their design before a vote will be held. Wardens have a veto power to say that the design doesn’t represent the ward. In which case, the artist can sign up for a different pillar if they still wish to use their design.
- More info here
- Map of Pillars and list of available pillars here
- Todd met with guy from Concrete Coring of Cincinnati today for estimate on 4 block wall penetrations
- Duct Donation west of wood shop.
- The Grizzly metal lathe has developed a bad oil leak in the spindle/headstock oil well. Please do not use it till that has been done. More info here
- What creative or maker related things have you worked on recently or want to work on?
- Guests: How did you hear about Hive13? What kind of activities are you interested in?
- Nancy Graven, Lisa Crump, Kayla Lukawiecki, John Clark, Scott Hively, Chris Hodapp, Dave Schwinn, Dave Velzy, Chris Davis, Gautam Saaraswath
COVID / Member Tour Discussion
- Question: Should we pause taking new members and giving new member tours? COVID is amping up, holidays are coming up, less air flow due to colder weather
- General consensus - yes. We should pause opening to the public on Tuesdays. However we don't want to discourage new members
- Offer to do tours by appointment?
- Update Meetup and other sources that list our weekly meeting to include the Google Meet link
- Metal lathe is fine.
- Woodshop has some of the prototype doors
- They look great!
- Provide noticeable sound dampening
- Thanks to all that have worked on it!