October 1, 2013
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: September 24, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: October 8, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
Plumber situation (leaky bathroom) Laser issues
- Hodapp--Doing Oracle-type work
- Brandon AKA Shaddox--Fixed the Laser! Working on membership intro packets
- John "2.0"--paid dues for first time, will be working on worksho
- Jake Murphy--did a staycation
- Bill Steel (m)--3D printer designed finalized!. Helped reveerse engineer a car
- John 3.0.--New Member! working on CNC machine project
- Ross--destroyed unwanted saplings
- Emily--made made a breakaway lanyard, and is continueing to knit socks
- Jordan--March aga
- Allan-buitlt a server
- Chris--on furlough,
- Ian--el presidente, can now add money to your RFID through
- Tye--looking into virtualization
- Ryan--lost voice this week
- Laura--went w/o phone or internet this week to catch up on writing
- Ellie--Laser can't cut rosewood. working on Etsy projects
- Tyler--student at UC, electrical engineering, a little home automation
- Jason AKA Frictor--game day will be saturday
- Jess--new member
- Paul--brought pizza :)
- Plumber will be coming tomorrow at 3:00 to fix leaky bathroom pipe. Ian will be here
- Grant has been hard to get hold of...
- Discussion of power tool drag racking and mini maker faires
- Bill, Jim, and Jason went to Louisville. "It was awesome"
- "Christmas Tree" for drag racing is currenntly in Hive, it worked great.
- At table in Kitchen, there are some posters for Cinci Maker Faire
- Take some and post them up to advertise!!
- Columbus maker faire is on the 13th--some members are going
- Cincinnati faire is on the 18th!
- Shaddox--Laser update
- Firmware has been reset, its back at functioning 100% (for now)
- There is now a service log on the wiki
- Red spotting laser is gone until we can make a new mount
- in the process of redesigning laser mount.
- Need to source hydraulics for door
- contact Shaddox (Brandon) if you run into laser issues!!!
- Shaddox--intro packet for new members
- Give Shaddox ideas for what to include to make it awesome, esp if you joined recently.
- Ian--if you don't have an RFID see IAN
- Ian--electrician coming in Thursday to look at cabling in Dirty Room (and wood shop drop)
- This will be 2nd quote, then we'll get this done.
- Shaddox working on some more procedural documentation stuff--such as how to turn on/off lights
- Be on the lookout for updates via listserv
- Ian--in the future there will be a barcode reader to get into the hive, other fancy RFID/security stuff discussed briefly
- If you are new, please sign liability waiver!