October 13, 2020
|Previous Meeting: October 6, 2020||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: October 20, 2020|
- 1 Time and Place
- 2 Weekly Meeting Agenda
- 3 Minutes
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 513-760-6776 and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
2701 Buildout Floor Plan: File:2701InitialMoveInLayout.pdf
Weekly Meeting Agenda
- The following items are mandatory for all members, guests and others entering our space:
- Wear a mask at all times in the 2701SG building
- Sign in and Sign out at the front inner entrance
- Maintain social distancing
- Sanitize surfaces you come into contact with. Utilize the PPE station
- Craft warden hours: Saturday 10/17 10am to Noon
- Thursday 10/15 6:30pm: Team of people lifting the glass fume hood
- Please let Kayla know if there are any other events
- We will be putting up some sort of barrier in front of the main elevator in the space to obscure view into the space
- Main RFID door has been propped open a couple of times. Not sure if it's Hive members or other tenants but if you see a door propped open, remove the prop.
- We have met quorum! John Clark is COO
- Dust Collection
- Air compression
- Doors & Access Control
- Vertical Storage
- Put out feelers to get groups together who are really interested in helping with these projects. You don't need to be an expert, but if you have the interest, please speak up
- We have a lot of members who have mentioned the enthusiasm to help, but may not have the specific knowledge. Let's try and make it aware that is absolutely fine.
- Create specific Slack channels for these? Create offline work meetings to organize coordination on these projects.
- Calendarly add on for Slack to coordinate availability?
- What creative or maker related things have you worked on recently or want to work on?
- Guests: How did you hear about Hive13? What kind of activities are you interested in?
- Lisa Crump, Kayla Lukawiecki, John Clark, Scott Hively, Drew Kirkman, Chris Davis, Dave Velzy, Nancy Graven, Ian Blaise, Brad Walsh, John Osterman
- John Clark wins over Abstain to take COO! That Abstain candidate never stood a chance.
- Yes, I know Abstain isn't a real person. I think I'm funny
- 58 Full responses - 6 Abstain, 52 John Clark
- Yay John!
- If you need to bring multiple things in, and feel the need to prop open a door - Don't. Please use the loading dock. It'll probably be easier for you anyways
- Make sure that you give locks a good shuffle, because they seem to be only off 1 number. That's not very secure
Upcoming work day
- Drew is going to be scheduling a cable pulling/wire running day sometime ~2 weeks from now.
- If you want to help out, keep an eye out for that or feel free to reach out
- Our welding & woodshop wardens have a lot going on - Putting out feelers for anyone that may want to take those spots
- Get in contact with John Clark if interested
- Schwinn said he would take lead
- Still no clear layout/design. It's been established that this will be "Kitchen 1.0" and not the desired end result, but still not sure what 1.0 will look like
- Outside ventilation
- We need a hood
- We have an end destination for duct work, but no path
- If you want to be involved, hop on the kitchen rangers slack channel. We'd love to have you
Dust Collection / HVAC
- We. Need. Blowers. Looking for squirrel cage style from furnaces. Do you know any HVAC folks? They may have some
- High efficiency filters is something we already have.
- What materials? Use what we've got?
- Since meeting; Kevin has posted a lot of details on slack for ideas but lacks the motivation to take this on
- This avenue wasn't discussed in detail at meeting. Will follow up next week if this seems like a path we want to take
- If so, Is anyone willing to lead this if you have all the deets from Kevin?
- Both Brad and John have brought in small air compressors - Thanks guys! Please don't mistreat the equipment, and if you're going to use them, kindly shoot them a message
Door Access Control
- John C has a sensor for the main garage door. Just needs to get to it.
- Materials have been brought to the space, really just needs the personpower to get it going
Frisbee Round - What have you done for the Hive lately / Acknowledging others
- John Clark - put TP in the TP holder. Much appreciated
- Ian - Came to the meeting
- Velzy - put shelves in welding room, found wrenches, assigned wrenches. Lots of wrenches
- Kayla - made agenda
- Lisa - meeting attendance/board meeting attendance, has warden hours coming up
- Drew - helped facilitate special election and bugged us to meet quorum
- Brad - went to dismantle trebuchet but it was already gone! Brought air compressor. Tidied up and cozied up the lounge
- Chris - ran the meeting
- John O - Going to come help with fume hood lift
- Nancy - checked soda machine, has ideas for elevator view obstruction
- Scott - Meeting attendance, busy with house being on fire.