October 15, 2013
|Previous Meeting: October 8, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: October 22, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Voting on hiring electrician
- Shaddox--welcome packet update
- John S--Woodshop reorganization
- Maker Faire!
- Hive13 surveillance cameras
- Oscilloscopes up for grabs
- Code for Hive13 door changing oct 31.
- This thursday/friday: power tool drag racer building sessions
- Mary--new--wants to learn arduinos and get back into robots
- Koi--went to natural bridge
- Franklin--power tool christmas tree (thank you!)
- Bill Steele
- Tye (m)
- Brent (m)--putting up maker faire flyers
- Tyler--will put up flyers at UC!
- Brandon AKA Shaddoxx--put out music demo, drafted welcome packet
- David--new visitor--looking for somewhere to work on projects!
- Chris Hodapp--research engineer
- Elly(m)--working furiously on etsy store
- Paul--brought pizza
- Jon--helped with "christmas tree" for power tool racing
- Dave B (m)--helped put in HVAC system
- Ian-el Presidente. fixing RFID controller
- Jason--trying to get Pineapple working on router
- Jim D--financial guy, power tool drag racing!
- Ryan--brought in some programmable LED strips. starting to host microcontroller mondays at 6:00
- Dave--migrated the wiki, working on bringing back all features
- Jason--M--went to columbus maker faire!
- Nancy(m)--went to convention, taking apart a nerf gun
- Marcus--finished the treasure hunt puzzle. Passing it around if people want to solve it. ALSO working on badge project
- Chris AKA Trailer--former member, glad to be back
- simone--first time here, interested in DIY book scanner
- Tiffany(m)--working on hot tub
- Ian(m)--been busy! working on kegerator
Shaddox gave update on the welcome packet.
- 1st draft is done!
- Ryan will be editing, then it will go out for general suggestions
Vote on hiring electrician for upgrading welder circuit, putting in new light switches, etc.
- $850 plus materials
- Vote passes
Maker Faire! Discussion led by Jim D.
- Went around the room with a "roll call" of projects that will be displayed by Hive members.
- Dave--DIY book scanner. Dave can be there 12 till 4. Can someone could take over after that?
- Jason--showing off playsurface multi-touch table
- Marcus--has badges for the learn to solder station(they look awesome). Planning to make some posters/displays for the station
- Jim--elctronic analog wack-a-mole game
- Bill--3d printers of hive13
- Multiple members involved with power tool drage racing!
- Jim is a (semi)official organizer--main organizer is Jason Langdon
- Hive13 is the only hackerspace there
- Ian--is there a generic hive13 booth? can recruit a graphic designer for this.
- Jim--not currently, can try to lobby for it or we can show up with a tent and claim some space.
- Tent(s) would need to to show before 12
- Ian 2.0 has a nice 12x12 canopy
- Power tool drag racing--many updates
- Columbus race just happened Sunday
- Multiple HIVE13 members have been helpful in creating and transporting the "Christmas Tree" race lights.
- Columbus Maker Faire was at CoSI. Hackerspace was idea foundry
- 6 serious racers, less than in the past but still a good #
- Christmas tree light stand was working, still working on timeing/scoring stuff
- Devil Ducky of Doom racer--had a cmaera mounted, video is on youtube. video was shwon.
- 4 prize packages donated by Bosh. there is still time to enter. GO FOR IT.
- There will be a workshop on Thursday and Friday this week for people who want to build racers!!
- Ian--age limitation? Jim--over 18 officially
- there is a $25 entry fee
- Setup stars at 9AM. 2:00 PM bracket race starts. there will also be exhibition races, match races, etc before and after.
- Ian--we should have someone take pictures too! Hodapp volunteered
- Dave B--kid friendly? Jim--Yes
- There will also be food trucks and beer.
- PLEASE VOLUNTEER! sign up on the maker faire website. Multiple hive13 booths could use some help.
Ian--Door code into hive is changing on oct 31. You will need your RFID card
- Outer door of achor building will not be changing.
There was a building break-in over weekend. HIVE was not hit, but..
- Do we want a DVR system to catch sneaky guys on video?
- Cameras would be on street and entrances--not on HIVE13 interior.
- Ian proposed putting a system like he has at into place at hive.
- $550 for everything, would suit our purposes.
- this will be put out to the mailing list, and then there wil be a vote.
- Everyone can access it via phone.
Hodapp--what's the story on teh 2 oscilloscopes "over there?"
- They are up for grabs. both old but power up. one is very out of callibration.