October 22, 2013
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: October 15, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: October 29, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Maker Faire happened Saturday!
- Cameras for Anchor building
- Electrician has been by
- Hive13 welcome packet
- Ian (President)--making our RFID system more awesome
- Jason (m)--went to Maker Faire, worked on cars
- Ryan(m)--microcontroller mondays are starting! 6:00 PM
- Tyler(m)--volunteered at maker faire
- Dave (m)--was down at Maker faire, bringing wiki back up to full power
- Laura (m)--been learning Illustrator for laser cutter
- Jeff (new)--found out about Hive at maker faire
- Brandon AKA Shadoxx--Makerfaire and microcontroller monday!
- Ruth--married to member
- John--working on layout and safety for our woodshop (m)
- Franklin (m)--put together a pwoer tool dragracer. 3HP was too much. Spectacutlar crashes.
- Dave--met Dave at Maker Faire, makes handicapp accessible controllers and more
- Starbuck--had a great time with propane cannons at maker faire. Awesome spin stick.
- James--new--leaned about us at Maker Faire! son loved it.
- Mike (m)--busy life recently
- Chris--put a radio on a bike and tricking it out further
- Dave--been on vacation
- Emily--knitting socks and made lots of tomato sauce and some tomato wine. Ham licencse
- Bill--maker faire
- Tiffany--Maker faire and cleaned house
- Brian--lost power tool drag race to his full-year-old son at maker faire
- Nancy--went to bachelor party at bookstore
- Jason--brought playsurface to makerfaire. kids loved it.
- Jon--brought pizza (thanks)
- Mike H (secretary)
- Mike--Maker faire happened! Can someone give a recap?...
- Shadoxx gave a recap
- Maker Faire was a lot of fun,
- we should make our presence more known at the faire, advertise more.
- marcus's learn to solder was great, went through ~125 badges.
- Ian posted about cameras and RFIDs on mailing list--but there has not been much feedback
- Garden Street will pay us to extend RFID over building
- Nancy has a hammer drill if we need to go thru brick
- Garden street is open to us running cameras,though will not be paying us
- Camera system access will be open to members of the hive, members of the building, and garden street.
- About $500 of materials for the cameras. Plus some minions to help install it.
- Jon--IP webcams may be a cheaper option. Ian--concerned about weather durability etc.
- Ian--cameras also have infrared.
- this will be up for vote via email this week, and at the meeting next week.
- Jason--did we get gas for the welder?
- Scott gross was supposed to deliver it. Ian is looking into it.
- Tyler--could we do a T-shirt order soon? Bill--2nds that motion.
- Dave--Craig has published the previous shirt design, and may have some extras
- Ian will contact Craig and put up a an order form.
- Jon--we need a belt and oscillating spindle sander combo
- Rigid brand sander for $200, would also get some accessories.
- Ryan--Monthly cleanup has been moved to 4th saturday this month. Starting at 1:00PM!
- Ryan--if you took pics at maker faire, get them up on Hodapp's flickr page
- Nancy--Next week (26th)--Gears n beers, bavarian steampucnk microbrew event.
- $30 for members, $40 for nonmembers.
- Ian--WCPO is coming out in a couple weeks to do a story on us. There may also be an indie journalist coming by. Will let us know when!
- Emily--should our next meeting be in costume? Ian will not stop you.
- Jason--may have game day 1st wkend of november (2nd!)