October 6, 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: September 29, 2015||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: October 13, 2015|
- Noise Curfew
- Hive13 t-shirt orders
- Laser Update
- Gigabot update
- Mill update
- Soda machine update
- Upcoming Events
- Country Day
- Friendship Force
- Books by the Banks
- Open Positions
- Noise curfew
- No noise from midnight to 8am.
- T-shirt orders
- Pretty much done at this point. Lots of shirts left for anyone who wants one.
- Laser update
- Jon tried to kill Bill with it.
- Bill tried to kill Elly with it.
- New auto leveling thing on order
- If you want to cut on it talk to Jon, he will teach individuals, but not general classes.
- No major progress. Bill brought down a set of RAMPS electronics to replace the old broken ones.
- We need a board to read the thermocouple from the heat bed.
- Mill update
- New z axis linear scale on it. The DRO is alive!
- The other two linear scales will be about $100.
- Spindle replacement is on order, will be another few months.
- Soda machine
- The compressor is probably dead now.
- Greg volunteered to look in to it.
- Maker fest this weekend
- Brad is volunteering for it.
- It is at Cincinnati Country Day school.
- Dayton Friendship Force
- They would like to visit next Tuesday (October 13th).
- Jon and Elly will be here at 11ish to show them around.
- Books by the banks
- Elly and Mike are manning this
- Open positions
- We need a secretary and two area wardens.
- We need a fab lab area warden and a CNC area warden.
- Clocks don't explode!
- Ryan wants to host a class on making some 7 segment clocks.
- Would tentatively be $40.
- Lorin wants to host a sound hacking class.
- Kevin talked to a VP from Bosch at the NY Maker Faire.
- They are really interested in PTDR and hackerspaces in general.
- A lot of companies want to donate stuff to the hive if everyone is cool with this.
- Amanda (someone at UC working on the makerspace/hackerspace communication) will be visiting the hive on Oct 9th at 2pm for anyone who wants to be there to discuss.
- Ryan - Has been on call this week so he has been busy. Is moving, but doesn't know where to go. Anyone aware of apartments in the hyde park/oakley area?
- Dark Ian - Has spent the past two weeks moving the websites to new servers.
- Dustin - Has been trying to start a student group at UC to go along with Lorin's makerspace stuff.
- Andrew (new) - Has been dreaming of making a digital live action role playing game.
- Lorin - Is glad he is here since academia has been driving him crazy.
- Jon - Tried to kill bill with the laser again.
- Sam (new) - Interested in multi channel audio, did an installation last week.
- Elly - Working on halloween costumes. Has been 3d printing parts of it.
- Peter - Schoolwork, hangin out.
- Curtis - Just signed up!
- Greg - Spent last week sick. Fixed his truck and broke it again.
- Andrew - Did nothing this last week, the week before he worked on his mendel 90.
- Ted - Visited a couple of weeks ago, writing about hackerspaces. Has managed to lock him self out of 3 ubuntu virtual servers in the last week.
- Ken - Going to Florida next week!
- Katie - Has been working the last week.
- Kevin - Playing around with his new Ultimaker 2.
- Brad - Got the DRO working on the mill. Also preparing for maker fest.
- Bill - Found quite a few ways to break the laser. Got a new 3d printer for "analysis".
- Joseph - Spent the last week digging deeper in to audio circuits.
- Hodapp - Didn't break anything in the last week.
- Ivan - Concrete work and took a vacation to Dallas, TX.
- Will - Did not have any fun in the last week.
- Rob Thornton - Matt Anthony told him to stop by and say hi!