October 8, 2013
|Previous Meeting: October 1, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: October 15, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
Space: Anchor Building, 2929 Spring Grove Ave.
- Board game day past Saturday
- Plumbing update
- Electrical update
- Cincinnati Maker Faire approaching!
Mike H (secretary) Jason--started up game days Amber Elly--working on stuff for etsy Nancy--watched cars at the raceway Tiffany (m) Dave Chris--wrote a lot of bad code and learned more about Git Laura--elder signs app Jake--building CNC machine Ruth--artist Brandon (Shaddoxx)--setup minecraft server Tye--working with opensynth Chris--fire show Brad--mech engineering grad student; 3d printer and scanner. 1st meeting! Franklin--prototyping board John (m) working on organizing woodshop Ruth--Dayton engineering science sypmosium coming up! Koi--turing 3d printer Bill S--prepping 3d printers for maker faire! and cut grass with robotic lawnmower Jon--(COO) Ian--President. installed 16 channel DVR at home. working on vending machine in back, which will be stocked with cool stuff Jason--fixed broken cars and computers Ryan--new teensy board for in Stepanie--artwork, reading days at UC Matt--guest, working on pen and paper
- game day
- this saturday's game day was a success
- Jason--goal is to have them 1st saturday every month.
- Plumber has fixed bathroom pipe leak, but we need to pay bill
- Ian had another electrician come in to get a quote: ~$800, sounds about right for what we want done.
- formal announcement: next week we will vote on hiring electrician to fix welding room and add new outlets
- Ian will send an email description and "remote vote" poll
- Maker Faire coming up Oct. 18th!
- Brief discussion about volunteering--sign up at http://cincinnatimakerfaire.com/volunteer/
- Power tool drag racing probably also needs more volunteers, talk to Jim
- Jon--we have a leaky roof, and landlord is not very responsive.
- For now, do not keep your stuff in corner with metal shelf--it may get wet
- Will make more attempts to contact
- Tiffany--safety videos
- has camera at hive tonight
- please volunteer to give demo/safety videos of stuff you're familiar with!
- Shaddox--"welcome to the hive" packet
- Working on it, mostly complete
- will hopefully find time to finish it this week
- Space needs some cleaning. See Jon if you want to help!
- If you have RFID issues, or still need a card, see Ian!
- Dave--backing up wiki around 7:30 tonight, it will be offline briefly