Outreach Committee Meeting - December 15th, 2021
|Outreach Committee Meetings|
|Previous: November 17th, 2021||Meeting Procedure - Outreach Committee||Next: January 19th, 2022|
- 1 Meeting Info
- 2 Attendees
- 3 Agenda - Old Business
- 4 Agenda - New business
- 5 Old To-Do List
- 6 New To-Do List
Wednesday, December 15th · 7:30 – 8:30pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/tkp-kgvm-tnw
Or dial: (US) +1 617-675-4444 PIN: 130 165 105 0696#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/tkp-kgvm-tnw?pin=1301651050696
Agenda - Old Business
- Went well. Wants to make this an annual thing
- Wants to emphasize the stop the bleed
- Could incorporate CPR training, maybe contact Hoxworth?
- Wants to focus on first aid situations that are more likely to happen at the Hive's physical space.
- Has some participants that are ready
- Kostas contact info is on the GWC website, which is why they are not promoting it much yet.
- Wants to get the first cohort through before marketing more via social media
- Active on social media
- Biggest limit is finding content for social media
- MEME IDEAS!
- Fun ideas you find, please forward them to Kostas
Currently active on:
- Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Interviews with people
- Stream 2nd tuesday talks?
- <Discussions about youtube that involve a laptop and streaming and test streaming, kinda hard to hear>
- Make sure we have stuff setup, and we should do a test stream to get familiar with it.
- Velzy: Concerns about production quality. We should make sure it is something people want to watch.
- Kostas: Confident we can make it work. She has done some streaming
- Kostas: OBS = a 2nd stream they can see, can share their powerpoint and them. WE HAVE THE POWER
"Not Safe For Work" Hive Calendar
- Kostas: OSHA violation calendar
- Holding soldering iron wrong.
- Improper ladder usage
- Silly, gooffy, fun stuff along those lines
- Goal to print in january
- Heath: Cost?
- How much do we sell them for?
- Fund raiser via calendar sales
- Kostas: Jackson(?) wants to print it at cost
- Paul: Could use the outreach fund to pay for production costs, and feed proceeds back into the outreach fund for future projects
- Jackson: Happily handle order & design. Just needs pictures.
Blog Post Planning
- I am the last 6 posts on the blog. Wants more member participation
- General call out to the crowd to ask for people to do blog posts about recently acquired knowledge
- Fiber Fridays call out!
- Lisa: Would like some help making a post, but she is willing to do Fiber Friday posts
- Kostas: Can only post directly linked images, 'ghost' integration is now
- *** Talk to IT committee about image issues w/ the 'ghost' integration.
Monthly Open House
- Kostas: Monthly open houses starting in the new year
- We should show off
- Dave V: We have tried to ask people how they found us? Most say they googled for a local makerspace // hackerspace
- We should continue to follow up with people to find out about us
- We should then make those ways easier.
- Kostas: Pick a date
- Dave V: Maybe after 2nd saturday cleanups
- Kostas: Jan 8th?
- General concerns about burning people out on cleaning up instead of having 'fun' things happening when people get here.
- Cleanup: We need to ensure people actually show up. We need to make an effort to get people here and have things for them to do when they get here.
- Cleanup is already happening. lets do the open house after wards.
- Maybe move cleanup a little earlier, 11 am?
- Dave V: What time would we want to do the open house?
- Kostas: 1 to 3 pm? start time? Maybe 2-4? That is when we get the most phone calls.
- Lets tentatively schedule, 8th, from 2 - 5 pm.
Website is out of date.
- We don't have all social media listed.
- Have NSFW calendar photoshoot + Hive photoshoot same day
- Paul: Have all people sign photo releases when they come in.
- New membership agreement says that you can expect to be photographed.
- Updated membership agreement in 2020: We were going to re-issue RFID cards and have members sign the upgraded agreement. Fell flat on its face, when we implemented the system and didn't get everyone to sign.
- Int-web replacement is going to try to do this all online. And we will have the agreements done online.
- John Clark: Open // Closed indicator needs to be
- We need more classes.
- Velzy: Doing a vacuum form class for the Naloxone lock boxes.
- Velzy: Need to make it easier for people to find out how to get into the building. 'Red door in middle of building' could be hard
- Sandwich board is good. But heavy.
Defer to the New Year in the next meeting. Jan 19th.
Agenda - New business
- January 22nd, 1-5 p.m.
- Led by Dax
- PROMOTE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Rhinestone Class - 'Getting Stoned' aka 'Over the Rhine - (stoned)'
- Jan 15th, 2-4 pm
- PROMOTE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Drew is our tik tok expert.
- posting. Like Daily.
- engagement is key.
- Heath is also an expert.
- Use frisbee round, but we need permission for posting from frisbee round.
- Lisa: Could you film a bunch Tuesday night, then plan to release them over time.
Old To-Do List
- Event sign-in sheet with photo consent (Instagram/Twitter information), name, pronouns, etc.
- Film first YouTube video.
- Get Not Safe pictures sorted.
- Schedule open house.
- ✅Post vote for new committee chair.
- Contact infrastructure for some updates.
- ✅Cosplay Meetup post (pre/post-event).
- ✅Bring up Narcan training in leadership discussion.
- Reach out more to certification classes.
New To-Do List
- Ask general membership for Blog posts. We can schedule them. We just need them to write them.
- IT Committee
- Blog posts + Ghost + images = 😢 (Please help us make images work)
- Int web replacement (Wishlist: Could we get digital forms, photo releases)
- Open // Closed indicator needs new phraseology.
- TikTok account creation. Credential storage.
- Add open house to calendar: Jan 8th, 2 - 5 pm.
- We need a photo release form. Find a generic one online. Print before Jan 8th.
- General discussion topic: Photo waivers, legality of current membership agreement applied to members who signed old agreement.
- Promote Cosplay event on Social Media
- Promote Rhinestone event on social media