Outreach Committee Meeting - November 16th, 2022

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Outreach Committee Meetings
Previous: October 19th, 2022 Meeting Procedure - Outreach Committee Next: December 21st, 2022

Meeting Info

Wednesday, November 16th · 7:30 – 8:30pm

Google Meet joining info

Video call link: https://meet.google.com/tkp-kgvm-tnw

Or dial: ‪(US) +1 631-709-2179‬ PIN: ‪684 168 825‬#

More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/tkp-kgvm-tnw?pin=[[1]]


Checking in on Action Items


  • Look into made-to-order sites for general logo merch for the Hive

Results: Still looking into sites. Haven't had much time to look into them in depth, although Redbubble is looking like a frontrunner. Looking to getting this done before the new year.


  • Talk to Camp Washington Printers about one-off merch drops

Results: Emailed, no word from them as of 11/16/22 3:00pm -> Responded! Min order of $50 starting at $7.15 per/$375 with tri-color


  • Keep thinking about the next Blink entry
  • Message Kostas/Outreach on Slack about where you want the Hive to be in 2023!


Input on Future Activities

Ryan A.

  • Field Trips: maker fairs, comic cons, etc etc
  • Clinics/workshops. This could be hosted by Hive13 or jointly with other organizations. For example: A clinic with Mobo where we bring in old bikes and learn how to fix them.
  • Do Blink again if/when they have it. |
  • Parades are cool
  • Have a "Made in 2701SG" open house event where building tenants show off their spaces to other tenants and we have a sort of in-house social gathering
  • Make a cool window display that attracts attention

Lisa C.

  • Learn to sew, after Molly's success I was thinking about easy ways to teach sewing and thought about the bunnies you can make with a square of fabric (maybe washcloths). Thinking it could be a cool thing to do in conjunction with learn to soldier events... I would be happy to help with pride and other parades. I think I have said this before, I have mixed feeling about opening hive classes up to the public as I feel like we have members waiting on certain classes and feel they should get priority, people off the street need more hand holding (a tour, explanation of the space, have a harder time fitting in with the group than members or their guests) which takes away time and energy from the class. I totally understand wanting to open thing up more but it should definitely be the organizers discretion. Also for class stuff maybe having something on our website saying here are our upcoming events, if you they interest you become a member and join us.

Kostas P.

  • Socials: I would like to get more help with the socials and regular posting. I think we can really tap into the interest in local places to do stuff AND the general interest in making with peoples' pandemic purchases (3d printes, cricuts, woodworking, etc.)
  • Events
    • Regularly occurring in house: Promoting Keeb Collective and other member-run events, Tuesday Talks, bringing in teachers
    • Regularly occurring out of house: Blink is not happening this year, getting a head start on Pride, do we want to do Red's opening day?
  • Merch
    • Having logo merch readily accessible and 1-2 member designs per year
      • Really depends on suppliers/interest
  • Big big big big goal
    • Mini Makerfaire Cincinnati revival

Dave V.

  • classes, classes, classes

John Clark (we have multiple John C's)

  • classes, mentoring, available assistance / experts


Attendees: Jack, Kostas, John Clark, Lisa, Will B

  • On Ryan's feedback:
    • The 2701G showcase event is something that sounds very interesting and is something we'd want to take a look at
    • Need to make sure any installation we put up in the windows is cool legally (with like, zoning and stuff) and also with the landlord here, but we'd really also like this to be done
  • On Lisa's feedback:
    • We want to make sure that classes open to the public are addressed in a way that benefits the community but also doesn't alienate our base
    • We also need someone to do the administrative work like tours and waivers who isn't the teacher of the class

Action Items

  • Kostas
    • Ask Jessica about expectations for the installations for Blink.
    • Look for help with the socials.
    • Email Union Terminal. Mini maker faire here?
    • Email back camp washington print shop with sizing range. Generate order forms for Hive is Real merch.
  • Lisa: Trial run the Learn to Sew and figure out the feasibility for being run alongside Learn to Solder.
  • Jack: Continue research into getting the "Hive on demand shop" set up.