|RFID Access System|
|Start Date: 1/12/2012|
The purpose of this project is to build a modular RFID Access System for all of the tools, doors, and vending machines in the Hive.
- Uses the Access Protocol
- Accepts NFC tags and phones with NFC for access and tracking control (our badges run at 125kc)
- Central database (Postgres, accessed via HTTP, served by a Perl Catalyst app)
What needs to be done
Main Door RFID
Battery backup somehow?It's PoE and that's on battery backup.
- Have it log temperatures
Annex Door RFID
- Schematic and PCB is on GitHub
- Completely shits itself intermittently
- Finish drawing schematic, get circuit board made, remove mess above door.
- Battery backup somehow?
- Motion sensor so it unlocks when you approach it from the inside.
- Consider switching it to wired for power backup reasons.
- Add in a mechanical key for when the power's out.
Vending Machine RFID
- Get compressor being controlled by the Arduino
- Mount the relay board instead of it being set on a block of wood
- Clean up the wiring
The Snack Vending Machine has been gutted, its coin validator removed, and RFID card mounted to the machine, however, no work has been done to bring that machine to vending status.
Places it'd be nice to have badge readers
- Doors out to annex hallway
- Outside door by the Dumpster
- Certification-only tools
One of the goals of this project is to build a case where cash payments to the hive can be recorded (and membership automatically extended), and cash payments can be automatically made to the card for the purposes of purchasing sodas.
This project is in the planning phase right now -- however, if you want to help, I would appreciate the time and can provide my guidance for this project.
- The annex uses a WeMos D1 mini.
- The main door uses an Arduino Mega.
Scanner to MCU wiring
- This is correct for the annex door
- The main door needs to have its wiring changed to match.
|Function||Scanner Wire Color||Ethernet cable wire color|