Jump to navigation Jump to search
|List of All Documented Equipment|
|Make/Model: Roland PNC-3000 (google)|
|Arrival Date: 02/08/2012|
|Does it work?: no|
|Certification Needed?: yes|
|Contact: CNC Warden|
- This Equipment has been retired and is no longer in Hive13
- Full Model Name: Roland CAMM-3 PNC-3000 Desktop Milling Machine
- We only have the 3/16" collet for this mill, and it is next to impossible to locate other collets that will fit this model. This means you can only use end-mills w/ a 3/16" shank.
- Paul has purchased a set of 10x 3/16 shank end mills with 5x different sizes (2x of each size, one 2 flute, one 4 flute).
- Reid Supply appears to have a decent selection of 3/16" shank end-mills, but they are expensive ($25+ each, range in cutting diameter from 1/32 to 3/16)
- Assorted programs installed on the control computer, variety of formats supported. The challenge is figuring out which control program can open which format of file.
- mdx3p - This software is capable of natively opening .stl .dxf and .mdj files. Inside the software you can pick from a list of materials you intend to cut from as well as set the tool diameter and end shape (ball or endmill).
- -Right clicking the wireframe allows you to select the direction of the file for cutting.
- -There appears to be no method of rotating within the program IE leveling the part. You should make sure the part is flat before attempting cutting
Donated to the Hive by Tom Fitzgibbons, who originally picked it up at a P&G auction. Thanks Tom!
- Yahoo group for Roland CAMM-3 - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAMM-3/
- Using G-Code with the PNC-3000 - http://www.cnczone.com/forums/benchtop_machines/66841-here_how_use_g-code_roland.html
- Discussion of reprogramming a PNC-3000 with new BIOS - http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php/3138-Hacking-a-Roland-CAMM3-PNC-3000
- Software: http://support.rolanddga.com/_layouts/rolandreports/_productsupportsearch.aspx?pf=Milling%20Machines&pm=MDX-15