September 29, 2020
|Previous Meeting: September 22, 2020||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: October 6, 2020|
- 1 Time and Place
- 2 Weekly Meeting Agenda
- 3 Minutes
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 513-760-6776 and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
2701 Buildout Floor Plan: File:2701InitialMoveInLayout.pdf
Weekly Meeting Agenda
- The following items are mandatory for all members, guests and others entering our space:
- Wear a mask at all times in the 2701SG building
- Sign in and Sign out at the front inner entrance
- Maintain social distancing
- Sanitize surfaces you come into contact with. We have paper towels and disinfectant spray.
- We had one nominee with an abundance of support
- John Clark has been appointed acting COO to fill the role until voting is complete
- Hooray John! Glad to have you on leadership
HVAC / Air Filtration
- Next high priority item in Hive improvement.
- Both for dust collection as well as COVID and aerosols
Core Clay Tour
- A group of people went to tour Core Clay this weekend for advising re: ceramic area
- Thank you Laura Davis! She provided excellent advice, pointers and ideas that we will need to give some consideration to.
- Laura also gave us a small clay trap that will get us going but that we will almost certainly quickly outgrow. W
- We got to see her DIY clay trap/water circulator. It's something that we can easily made when we outgrow the small commercial one.
- Schwinn has been working on a wedging table
Discussion re more work surfaces
- We have awesome work tables from previous space, but we're bigger now and with expansion comes a need for more work surfaces
- Kevin has shared pdfs on plans for previous tables
- For future Hive improvement projects, is there a way we'd like to handle this? Incorporate into Give the Hive some love day?
Did you know Posts
- Schwinn has started a series of "Did you Know" posts in the #discussion channel on Slack.
- Per him: They can be about equipment that we have, historical stuff, hidden or little known capabilities of equipment that may be interesting members or even just trivial little fun facts.
- Please feel free to contribute your own "Did you know" posts.
Washer & Dryer
- We're currently on the lookout for a functional stackable washer and dryer
- Schwinn has made a Facebook post that can be shared found here
- Does anyone by chance have some lying around / know a guy? (or gal)
- What creative or maker related things have you worked on recently or want to work on?
- Guests: How did you hear about Hive13? What kind of activities are you interested in?
- John Clark, Dave Schwinn, Drew Kirkman, Chris Hodapp, Kayla Lukawiecki, Jeremy Yap, Scott Hively, Ralph Blumberg, Lisa Crump, Gautam Saaraswath, Brad Walsh, Nancy Graven, Dave Blundel, John Osterman, Dave Velzy, Chris Davis
- John Clark ran uncontested and is already enthusiastically acting as COO
- However, we do need the votes to meet quorum. Please vote via the survey sent to your email
HVAC / Air Filtration
- Currently running a test to see if we can get adequate draw
- We need blowers. Squirrel cage blowers.
- We have Merv 13 filters which are great for fine particles, but we have nothing to put them in
- Robin works at Building Value, let's reach out to her
- Other things learned from Laura
- Would not recommend having kiln run 24/7
- Note that kiln space is a hot ticket item and with our low member cost, there is potential for people to come in an abuse kiln time
- We have the plans for the big work tables Kevin made, but they are a lot of work.
- Blundel noted that there are a lot of kickass work tables constantly available on auction sites, and if not full tables at least good countertops that we could slap some legs on
- WHAT DO WE NEED? Once we determine some sizes, ideal material, etc, Blundel and Brad willing to keep an eye out
- Making tables also isn't out of the question. Schwinn is working on a table for ceramics that is going swimmingly
- We have a TON of wood available to us. Again, finding a quality table top and then going from there would likely be incredibly cost efficient
- For reference, the general work tables were about $250 in materials. The welding work tables being more, obviously
- Also, all sorts of metal at Garden St for dirt cheap
- Needs a mount for blower. Can anyone help?
- We have obtained credentials for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- However Facebook is acting like a twat
- Gautam and Kate are eager to help out in social media presence
- In this vein, are we worried about a potential surge in membership with more successful marketing
- General consensus: Valid concern, Can likely draw our kind of people with the right language.
- There are better procedures in place now to remove a member if they are causing chaos than there had been in the past
- Also, take COVID into consideration
- Dave B knows someone who writes for Citybeat. We should talk to her about us because Citybeat is Lukawiecki (talk)coolLukawiecki (talk)