September 7, 2021
|Previous Meeting: August 31, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: September 14, 2021|
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 513-760-6776 and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
Weekly Meeting Agenda
**With the surge in Delta variant - Hive13 is requiring everyone in the space to wear a mask, and urging members to get vaccinated if you can.**
- About us
- What kind of things are you interested in doing/making?
- How did you hear about us?
- Saturday September 11th at 12:00pm Saturday Cleanup
- Tuesday September 14th after the Tuesday Meetings, 2nd Tuesday Talk with Mr. Dave Schwinn on Photogrammetry
New Members & Certifications
- See TV bulletin board
Votes Closing Today
- SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw and Accessories
- $4800 (likely can sell the old saw for $800-1200 to offset some of the cost)
- See here for more info
- We have a budding photography studio! Vincent L and Dave S have been working on getting it set up and it seems to be going really well.
- There are some improvements they have planned and if you're interested in helping out - contact either of them.
- Small laser is live! Thanks Brad W!
- Please remember that the big laser needs to be on for exhaust air and cooling water.
- The Grizzly Metal Lathe decided to spontaneously combust. Do not use it until further notice.
Meeting start: 7:34pm
Meeting end: 7:56pm
New folx intro:
- Darryl (pls forgive for spelling)
- Craig (#teamwoodlathe)
- Mikayla (robotics & woodworking)
- clean up this coming Saturday
- Dave Schwinn talk on photogrammetry next group meeting (Sept.14)
Closing new table saw vote: 17 yes, 2 no, **vote passes**
New vote for metal lathe motor
- Brad (et al) repaired smol laser
- Kate made a lovely sammitch
- Dave S. and Vince are working on a cool photo studio area (not camera-specific)
- Dave S made wax-covered pine cones
- Kevin is making a fancy/vinylcut dishwasher cover
- Kayla is making stickers!!!
- Chuck is making a kitchen table, starting with a bench (using pocket screws, if you’re savvy, please reach out!)
- Kevin and John, et al; new donated kiln now has a circuit map, but some things still need to be done to complete set up
Board meeting this coming Monday, is open to EVERYONE!!!
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE GRIZZLY METAL LATHE, is currently out of commission