Shop Safety Guidelines for HIVE13
Let's Stay Safe
- Safety is our highest priority. Be a safety buddy. If you see something risky, please say something in a kind and caring way.
o Hive13 has tools capable of inflicting serious injury.
o Get safety certified before using requires certification tools.
o Help make sure we all work safely and go home without injury.
None of us want to clean up after you hurt yourself. :)
- Stay away from Hive13 if you feel ill or have a fever. It does not matter if it's COVID or something else. Please keep it at home. Get vaccinated as soon as you are eligible.
- Of course, you may wear a Mask. Though Masks are no longer required as of 6/2/2021, wearing a mask, is allowed and makes sense because of pathogens, dust and stuff in the air.
- Sign in at the front inner entrance
- Maintain respectful social distancing
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughlyPlease keep in mind – We are ALL responsible for the cleanliness of Hive13. Please dust, sweep up, take out the trash, and sanitize areas you have used before leaving.
Updates - April 2021.
- The phones in Hive13 all work for 911. Emergency services know where we are and can get in.
- There are multiple Fire Extinguishers and First Aid kits around Hive13 - Look for columns marked with the red band.
- Personal Protective equipment is available at the central PPE station.
- Take a pair of safety glasses, mark them with your name and keep them safe for reuse.
- Please dispose of ear plugs in waste cans.
- Complete this form to report an accidents or injuries.
- Add a short introduction to important safety rules for each tool area of HIVE13.
- A process of sharing this information with both old members and new.
- We all share responsibility for safety.
- If you see something, say something.
- Communicate gently with caring to help us all be safe.