Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page is related to Procedures|
|Meeting Procedure, Project Management, Purgatory, Shutdown Procedures|
- Return any tools you've used to their proper locations.
- Store your project in your storage area if possible. Otherwise label it with your name and contact information, the current date, and the date you intend to return.
- Shop vac your work surface and sweep the floor if necessary. Brooms are by the back door.
- Turn off the "Hive Open" switch on the kitchen counter.
- Take out the trash - Empty small trash cans into the pink trash drum. If the drum or the kitchen trash are full, place the full bag in the dumpster out back and replace the bag. Empty bags are in the credenza by the front door.
- Ensure the back doors are locked. Ensure the front door lock is in the 'locked' position.
- Turn out the lights!
- Tool borrowing: If you are going to be borrowing something for less than a day you may do so without asking (assuming no one is currently using it). If you are borrowing something for more than a day or you couldn't return a tool you were going to borrow for less than a day then you must email the list so others know!
- Unplug stationary tools if the cord is in the way, otherwise leave them plugged in.
- Return all tools to original location, and status (put drills back in cases on shelf, lower the blade on the table saw, put original blade/band/sanding pad back on tool if you changed it for your project, etc.)
- Shop Vac sawdust from work surfaces and stationary tools
- Sweep floor if debris was left
- Return unused wood to appropriate storage (personal, scrap bins, shelves, etc.)
- Leave vent fan running if fumes remain in metal room. Otherwise, turn the vent fan off.
- Close the welding gas valves
- Vacuum or brush chips off machining tools. (use paintbrush located on the vertical mill stand)
- Turn off air compressor's blue valve, and turn black switch upwards to "OFF".
- Vacuum any dust or metal shavings from the machines.
- Clear CNC machine surfaces. These are not work tables.
- Tidy the workbenches - place tools in their proper locations and brush any wire scraps on work surfaces into the trash.
- Ensure multimeters and other tools are turned off. Leaving them on can quickly drain their batteries.
- Turn off the power strips
- Turn off the laser cutter and 3D printers if they are not in use.
- Make sure projector and receiver are off.
- Store food in the cabinet or refrigerator, or throw it away. Don't feed the Hive Mice.
- Rinse any used dishes and place in dishwasher. Run the dishwasher if it is full.